Home > Forum > Crystal Thu 4/11- 2 hrs good

Crystal Thu 4/11- 2 hrs good

• Quick foot
  • [Quick foot]
More
11 Apr 2019 15:46 #232855 by Quick foot
Crystal Thu 4/11- 2 hrs good was created by Quick foot
I got to CrystalI about 8:40 and parked in the helicopter pad. The gondola started loading about 8:50, It had a line around the corner, so I wrode up Chex and Rex. The light was not bad, There was enough visibility to see the snow in the right hand side of green Valley. The Right-hand side of GV had the best snow on the mountain all day long all day long. I spent most of the day poking around GV, going from stash to stash. My stashes lasted until about 11 o'clock. Anything south and east facing got pretty mankey. Right about 11;30 everything got thick and heavy and the visibility started to get worse.

I did take a short breakI in the Campbell basin Lodge. There was no food service but you could buy a drink and the bathrooms were open.
Once the halfway decent powder was all gone it wasn't worth it to ski the groomers so I split early. The groomers had a lot of piles of heavy crud

No lines at all, A lot full, C lot about halfway to the shuttle stop, and about five rows in B lot

Fun Factor- 3/5
Stoke-o-Meter- 3/5 because it was a semi powder day

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• eskinmo
  • [eskinmo]
More
11 Apr 2019 17:23 #232857 by eskinmo
Replied by eskinmo on topic Re: Crystal Thu 4/11- 2 hrs good
true...true...true......except 4 one thing.....the best snow was in power bowl......I left at 11;30.....but mentally i left after the first run......hit and miss lately ......hit and run today

• kamtron
  • [kamtron]
More
12 Apr 2019 12:49 #232862 by kamtron
Replied by kamtron on topic Re: Crystal Thu 4/11- 2 hrs good
Good day for causing avalanches inbounds