Home > Forum > 3/21 - 3/24 Mission Ridge

3/21 - 3/24 Mission Ridge

• J4_Mark
  • [J4_Mark]
More
25 Mar 2019 06:38 #232770 by J4_Mark
3/21 - 3/24 Mission Ridge was created by J4_Mark
All I can say is WOW. Thursday, Friday and Saturday were quite possibly the best 3 day spring skiing day stretch that I have had in the PNW since moving here from Tahoe.

Thursday was warm (hot really) with fantastic conditions all over the mountain. Made some runs in the off piste, but as DDK would say, skied with '#2' for the better part of the day. Really fun day, and did I mention it was hot. Jackets opened up pit zips and leg zips wide open. only a wick shirt on under the jacket and shorts under the ski pants. This was the set up for Thurs, Fri and Sat.

Friday there was a slight breeze on top but still warm. #2 not feeling well, so I skied mostly off piste with some hiking. Favorite run was bowl 3 (never did make it to bowl 4). From the cornice down, perfect untracked corn right down to Skookum, then over to Castle bowl where there was again perfect untouched corn down. Then there was the really fun 6" plus deep corn in bowl five.

Saturday was definitely cooler with a little wind, and there was a very solid freeze overnight to harden the snow pack up. Still skied the off piste stuff and sum bumps with the hard snow and was delighted with the conditions, but as soon as the sun came out it was back to corn heaven. Skied some of the afternoon with #2, and then had a chairlift buddy, David, from Port Ludlow ask if he could ski with me. Of course I said yes. Told him where I was going and hoped he could keep up. He mostly did, only had to wait a couple of times (My wife knows to follow me by the train tracks I leave down the mountain, and David said he lost my vapor trial a couple of times but found me waiting for him. Took him to a couple of places that are not obvious to the casual skier, and he had a blast as did I. At the end of the day we went to the Dummy Downhill. This is the first year that we have not entered a Dummy in some time. Fun to watch and not haul the dummy up the steep hill to the start of the Dummy ramp. What a great day.

Sunday woke up to a very wet fairly heavy, snow storm. Temp was 37 deg at out RV. decided not to ski after the previous 3 days of fantastic spring snow and got home fairly early for us, about 4:00pm.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.