Home > Trip Reports > Mar 23, 2019, Lost Pole/Whippet @ Marble Mountain St Helens

Mar 23, 2019, Lost Pole/Whippet @ Marble Mountain St Helens

3/23/19
WA Cascades West Slopes South (Mt Rainier)
Posted by cthomas11 on 3/23/19 7:30am
Climbed/skied St. Helens on March 23rd, weather was a little intermittent but ultimately beautiful at the summit.  Perfect corn skiing on the steeper slopes up top!

ALSO, like an idiot I left my Black Diamond Ski Pole and BD Whippet on the ground in front of my truck at Marble Mountain and then drove away back to Portland.  I've left a message with the Washington Dept of Rec, but if anyone happened to come by those please IM me!  Would really like to get those back :)

Thanks!!
Thanks for the beta! I'm headed down there now and will keep my eyes peeled. Unfortunately I'll be driving back north though, so if I spot them I'll try and figure something out.

Awesome!  Well if you do see them can you just grab them and take them home with you?  I'll pay you to ship them back to Portland.  Or, if the ranger station is open you could leave them there, I've got a call in to them but they aren't open on weekends.  The poles were left on the southern part of the loop, near the toilet.

Thanks!!  Have fun, should be great skiing.

shit... wish i would have looked here last night.

I saw this pole and whippet in the lot this morning, right around the corner (south) from the pit toilets, eh?

it wasn't there when I got back.. I had assumed it was someones from the morning (it was a total zoo).

Hope it has gotten back to you.

OK thanks for the heads up!  I haven't heard from anyone yet, but now that you say it was picked up I'll call the WA parks and rec folks back to see if someone dropped it off with them.

Reply to this TR

mar-23-2019-lost-pole-whippet-marble-mountain-st-helens
cthomas11
2019-03-23 14:30:21