Crystal - 03/22 Lucky Bonus Day

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
22 Mar 2019 16:22 #232761 by ddk
Crystal - 03/22 Lucky Bonus Day was created by ddk
Up and Down morning (and day?) - 5am upper cams pretty moon light pics, 8am (in the base lodge) lookin pretty sad grey and fuzzy, 9am on top of REX high overcast but good vis, 9:45 full on SUN! Yee Haa! The rest of my day was mostly full on sun with a few streams of almost ultra high clouds till after I left at 2:30.  Snow? - Ultra Primo Perfect ICY! groomers on LS and MIFB for the first hour and then those got soft and then other places got soft and then Hamster Heaven kicked in.  Coverage great with brown popping out in the normal places that have been brown many full winters recently. Was kinda casual on what I skied before a late lunch - then it was Ballistic Hamster Treadmill Heaven - multiple PB/BP's runs, SunnySide, to many to count GV Bowl to either MIFB/Plunge/Gully(between MWorld and SunnySide) - repeat, repeat oh so happy primo fun baby bumps of Goldilocks snow. The K2 EXP's were very happy, as I was standing on them.  Crowd? Never seen the mountain that empty on a Friday in a very long time - mistake folks!  Rode the lifts mostly solo cause nobody was around. No sticky snow conditions noticed, didn't do a lot of things I should have, but it was a great day after to long a time from the slopes ( got some nice Mt biking in this week though!).

Other - CB lodge was nice to me again, big pizza and Chicken Noodle man sized bowl! Wasn't gonna eat - but? Made the afternoon big! Parked at the Alpine Inn Bridge, when I left the pay lot was sort of widely spaced full, rest of A full with a little overflow towards C, 1 bus. Drive happy fast and casual. 

Other other - Was disappointed I didn't go yesterday, but glad at least I went today! Number scale? Who know's?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.