Home > Forum > 3/15-3/17 Mission Ridge

3/15-3/17 Mission Ridge

• J4_Mark
  • [J4_Mark]
More
20 Mar 2019 04:44 #232751 by J4_Mark
3/15-3/17 Mission Ridge was created by J4_Mark
Rv was parked 4th in the RV row. nice short walk to the lifts. Friday was cooler with mid winter conditions on the upper and north facing lower mountain. Castle bowl was fantastic as the last run down the mountain. Saturday was warmer and the North facing aspects still mid winter like. Bowl four was fantastic soft snow until Chak Chak. Went out to Central Park and that was boot top mush, but alot of fun once you got used to turning in it. Also skied the trees in Bowl five which consisted of my favorite snow, which is a few inches of nice spring slope on a steep slope where you can just carve down and let the skis run. Sunday was even warmer, and still the north facing aspects were awesome, and the other parts of the area were full on spring like. Even bowl three still skied really well. Just another fantastic three days at Mission.

We have had passes there for the last 8 years, skied there for 14 years, and this is by far the most snow I have ever seen there. even the far outer limits, which haven't been skiable for a number of years are really well covered now.

Sorry, don't know about soup. We don't stop skiing during the day, except for a liquid exchange. Even if we did, we would head to the RV and eat there and maybe change skis out then.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• avajane
  • [avajane]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
22 Mar 2019 22:06 #232763 by avajane
Replied by avajane on topic Re: 3/15-3/17 Mission Ridge
Love your report, and the way you can change your skiing to the snow. Met a guy skiing spring snow a few years ago that was nothing special and he said "Hey, if I leave a track - it's powder". I agree!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.