Crystal - 03/15 SPRING!

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
15 Mar 2019 15:45 #232734 by ddk
Crystal - 03/15 SPRING! was created by ddk
AaaaaHaaaa! Finally spring has sprung (during spring season). Blue Bird start to the day, pleasant early morning temps and down right very warm early afternoon. Groomers early (LS and MIFB) very fast and smooth, GV Bowl skiers right was nice from the start and all day as was PB when I finally got the opportunity to ski it (late morning), but by then BP's line I do was very doable and after a to much food lunch it was all good enough for the EXP's (though the Coombas would have been even happier on the front side of REX). #1 had a great morning and early afternoon since the crowds were end of season light - especially for a friday. I love spring skiing and I'm very excited about the next week! A little more traffic to recover the south facing slopes from Wednesdays snow will make for primo spring conditions - Packed Pow on the North facing slopes and perfect spring slush on the South facing slopes!! Heaven!

Other - Got a special custom bowl of Chicken Noodle at CB lodge, for the rest of the folks it was Tomato Bisque. Views of the King and everywhere else were big. Pay lot nice sized and close to full of cars, lots of cars in C lot and lots of very widely spaced rows in B to at least the shuttle stop - so there really were a few folks somewhere on the mountain. Drive up and down was at cruse control happy. Fun day, great finally a truly spring day that allowed me to drop a lot of layers! Lookin forward to more.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Quick foot
  • [Quick foot]
More
15 Mar 2019 17:14 #232735 by Quick foot
Replied by Quick foot on topic Re: Crystal - 03/15 SPRING!
And----it is starting to get sticky on the flats.  Time for warm snow wax.  Some bare spots are starting to show.

• CMSkier
  • [CMSkier]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
15 Mar 2019 17:15 #232736 by CMSkier
Replied by CMSkier on topic Re: Crystal - 03/15 SPRING!
We're in the spring cycle. Frozen mornings, excellent midday, over-soft and a little sticky late. Groomers were groomery and Valley Bowl responded nicely to our early morning crunch control. Sunny aspects took longer to be nice, and then quickly went to too soft for the amount of consolidation. Need more people out smoothing the leftovers before it gets hot and potatoey. Valley Bowl got better and better and C-3 Chairline held shady soft snow all day (sorry, skied out now). Powder Bowl Main Chute was great, but a lot of lumps were everyone spreads out. Same with The Pits. T2Bs started with frozen carvable groomers and ended with best of the day Valley-Chairline-Sluiceway-Berry Patch-Lower E round trips. Lower E bumps were a perfect combo of soft and silky. Traverses and flats-to-the-chair got a little sticky in the afternoon. All will respond nicely to some overnight freezes and morning thaws with no new. A great third day of Spring.

Ken