Crystal - 03/14

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
14 Mar 2019 16:55 #232731 by ddk
Crystal - 03/14 was created by ddk
Today? Wasn't yesterday but it was a pretty nice day on the slopes, sloppy left overs on the north facing aspects that I did - don't know about the south facing quality, but I can guess. Light crowd over all, no lift lines. Nice early grooming on LS and MIFB, but even with the early filtered sun and the mid day Rainier donut hole sun MIFB never got what I would call spring nice - though Deerfly was nice an soft when I quit. PB/OF was probably the nicest and GV Bowl anywhere skiers right side. Did my first run into the Northway area this season! Paradise Bowl area - okay left overs and the grooming on all the run outs to the bottom of the chair were primo and ultra wide! Did the nice quiet chair ride and didn't see anything that wanted to suck me in for a second lap - so headed back southish. What sun and heat occurred yesterday definitely has made south facing slopes not so pleasant, but I never actually tested them. North facing areas have nice quality snow and will improve with more traffic. Top of HC has rocks in places, but they are pretty easy to get through.

Other - Soup at CB lodge was Chicken Noodle and it was very good. Pay lot nice and small, rest of A was full with cars in C lot, didn't look to see if B had any non employees. Drive up and down was very end of season pleasant.

Other other - Somebody launched the main rock spine on the left side of Chair 6 (tower 9) apparently very big yesterday and left a pretty good patch of his blood where he stopped bouncing, heard his knee took out some of his lower jaw teeth - ouch!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Mar 2019 07:22 #232732 by myikat
Replied by myikat on topic Re: Crystal - 03/14
Yeah, the blood patch was impressive. Did N facing lines on the King and Silver all day- still lots of nice lines. Very sorry I missed Thursday - might have been the last cold snow of the season.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.