Crystal - 03/07 Nuclear Snowing

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
07 Mar 2019 16:55 #232690 by ddk
Crystal - 03/07 Nuclear Snowing was created by ddk
Short report - It was snowing and it was mighty fine!

Very nice day with full on winter all day - nuking snow and more snow and harder snow and then snow, was mighty nice by the time
we left and I wish I was not so old and could have skied till the final bell - oh well we still had a great "real" winter day.
A little more new at opening on top of what happened yesterday, vis was a challenge up top, but not in various tree runs and I
was extra nice and skied way to many runs on FQex with #1 who was having a very nice day, groomers on FQex very nice and empty
and the sides of the runs had nice deep that kept me happy - skied FQex chair line a couple of times today (except for the last
100 ft in the gully), hadn't ever really done it before, but when its untacked and deep it is actually fun. After a late lunch
to warm up (skiing FQex always makes me cold), headed back to REX to finish most of the rest of the day, PB going there (terrible vis, probably great snow), Doors, BP's, Memorial, GV Bowl which was finally visible enough to enjoy. Bumped into BINX and crew skied a nice
run in SnortElk Bowl with one of my fav parts below it in the trees on skiers right - very nice and I kind of miss skiing it. Parted
ways with BINX and did Grubstake Trees to the left side trees of MIFB - all deep and mostly untracked.  Finished the day with a
very happy run down Exterminator - still lots of untracked especially skiers left side about half way down.  Great day, Great snow.

Other - After a painful drive out of our neighborhood in a nasty snowstorm that bumped the time way up once south of Blackdiamond it
was easy. Pay lot smallish, rush to prep for CHex opening cause we were later than normal.  CB lodge had Tomato Bisque again, but
fancy almost deep dish style pizza that Alex made was more than enough...very good and thanks! Total nuking snow storm when we left
all the way down to the Dalles area, after that happy fast driving.  Fun day, hope I can handle another one.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Mar 2019 09:48 #232693 by Bill
Replied by Bill on topic Re: Crystal - 03/07 Nuclear Snowing
I agree.  The boot top in green valley was fun to have, as this was my 3rd day of the season.  But that's another story.  I was pumped to be south watching the grand kids in NB and grand ma wanting me to go skiing, OK, I was out the door early and parked in the number one spot of A.  Sorry if I took the local hero's spot.  Booted up and had a great chat with Scott the Boss man.  I went out to wait for the bucket to load and was in line behind all of the local hero's skis.   Boy glad it was only a boot top type of day.  Chatted with Big Rich the Red Coat on his way to throw a charge onto Rock face, blasting going on and still no show from Heroes of Crystal.  But nothing was going to spoil my day in the hills I loved getting the low hanging fruit in GV and SE. Willies is always good with boot top snow on it    I think I ran into some the heroes skiing in a posie, for safety I'm sure.  I scooted over to 6 for one run and with summer legs still. I was cooked bailed early, so I wouldn't piss off the locals driving slow down the Bulv. After skiing Crystal for 30 yrs I still don't understand the putting your gear down and going in and getting coffee. They should try doing that at Stowe,Hunter, or Glenn Ellen.  Baker is my local hill now and the two times I've been there this season I have loved the local vibe, the real deal.  Any way Crystal Mt always skis well and it was fun to breath in the mountain air, after getting out of the bucket with the local heroes reeking of pot. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.