Home > Forum > White Pass x2, Mission Ridge

White Pass x2, Mission Ridge

• Quick foot
  • [Quick foot]
More
28 Feb 2019 19:51 #232643 by Quick foot
White Pass x2, Mission Ridge was created by Quick foot
I just completed a mini Zap loop trip.  It started by driving Monday evening to Packwood and then skiing Tuesday and Wednesday at White Pass. Wednesday night I drove to Wenatchee and then skied Mission Ridge today, Thursday.  Tuesday at White Pass was easily the best snow I have had all season. The storm track came in south in just dumped light dry powder.  The best part was there was nobody there. It was all mine. It was super cold like facemask cold, boot glove cold, down mid layer under storm coat cold.  It was also a bit windy and socked in but that didn't affect the tree skiing.  Wednesday, there was only about 2 inches of new but the wind filled in all the tracks from Tuesday. Some areas were wind affected but it was easy to find sheltered tree runs.  I spent most of my time skiing the Couloir Express which isn't very steep but does have a lot of great glades.   
The drive from White Pass to Wenatchee went pretty well. It was snowing most of the way but the roads were in good shape. Last night it snowed 2 inches in downtown Wenatchee and more like 5 inches at Mission Ridge.  I parked about 50 feet from the ticket window.  At Mission you can buy your ticket online and save $20 which I did. Today was just a fantastic day. Beautiful sunshine, light wind which is rare for my trips to Mission, and 5 inches to a foot of new snow depending on where you were.  I did a lot of traversing, short hikes and tree slots. There was excellent powder skiing to be found right up until my last run. 
This was a superb three day stretch of skiing. Thanks again Zap for getting me motivated.  It has been a while since I skied either White Pass or Mission Ridge.

5/5 on the fun-o-meter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Feb 2019 21:58 #232644 by Zap
Replied by Zap on topic Re: White Pass x2, Mission Ridge
A great trip report. At White Pass, the Couloir express truly is a lot of fun. And I agree it's really so quiet you've got the hills to yourself.

On Wednesday it was COLD. I skinned around  the Summit area and put on all my layers.😁

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.