Home > Forum > Crystal - 2/21

Crystal - 2/21

• CD
  • [CD]
More
21 Feb 2019 16:18 #232601 by CD
Crystal - 2/21 was created by CD
A beautiful 3 out of 3 day.

While competition skiers were out practicing on Northway, we stayed away. All of REX front side was great packed pow bumps. Same for GV Bowl. On C6, chutes 2 and 3 on the Campbell Basin side didn't ski quite as nice as chute .5, but there's no longer a gate to get in there. You have to go in the gate for chute 1 and then take a left and ski back toward the chair. Powder Bowl mainline chute right from the top very nice as was Bear Pits. Exterminator also quite good. But, the best of the best was once again Employee Housing. Worth a repeat With fresh waxed skis, I-5 required very little pushing until you exit on the flat by the CMAC huts. I hate that 300 feet of pushing.

Pay parking was big and B lot was almost full as was C lot. Never a line of more than 30 seconds on the mountain.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• CMSkier
  • [CMSkier]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
21 Feb 2019 17:37 #232603 by CMSkier
Replied by CMSkier on topic Re: Crystal - 2/21
A fun time was had by all (at least two of us). Visibility made for much easier skiing than the previous fog-fest. Second CD's report. But, adding he got top honors for the best upside down back roll back onto skis in hairball Banana Chute award. Employee Housing, in the right spots, top honors. I-5 as easy as it gets other than crossing the base of Chair One. Wait, where'd that go... There were people on The King, but Southback was closed. Likely Cliff Hucker kids being given the best snow.

Ken
+

More
21 Feb 2019 19:42 #232605 by myikat
Replied by myikat on topic Re: Crystal - 2/21
Southback was open all day and skied great. Good conga line going out but never got too tracked out. Great fresh lines in A basin and Silver. Sun was on it but cold enough to never get mushy or heavy. Packed surface elsewhere seemed in good shape but stayed all day in South. Great vis!