Home > Trip Reports > 2.17.19 Toilet Bowl. Rampart ridge. Snoqualimie

2.17.19 Toilet Bowl. Rampart ridge. Snoqualimie

2/17/19
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by Jake the Brit on 2/17/19 12:54pm
We skiied the toilet bowl today becasue I dropped my bag with phone & car keys at the top of the martini-glass & it rolled right to the entrance to the chiute, so we skiied it.
There is a thick-ass piece of ice under the 6"powder that was left in the chute & the step at the bottom was nasty black ice & we all sent it un-graciously, but big-fun was had. Nortmally we'd've up-tracked it but were heading for Gold Lake via a long high traverse from the South as noone wanted to climb the slide path. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Did you get your bag back? That thing does flush like a toilet bowl. Sounds sporty right now. I booted up that last year in jeans. When I got to the trailhead I realized I left my snow pants at home. I guess its a vortex in a way.

This report makes me want to quest into the vortex myself some day, thanks

..yes, bag was miraculously perched at the chute entrance.

I think I need a clarify the conditions. It's really the worst I've ever skiied it, with a ~8' vertical drop at the bottom fo the chute with a rock in the center-top & blakc ice on the lip. The cute itself has some 6"snow in it but it's mostly dry-slid out & left an ice crust/ bed plane. I don't thiink a guy (or gal) could get into it from th ebottom up  without ice ax & boot crampons. Nor really reccommended.
But the bowl below was hello-a-tious. And above was not too shaby either. Remember it's a toilet bowl, don't be the turd!

Is this the chute that comes down between the cliffs down into the open area that you  can get into  if you  follow the (brushy) road up from near Gold Lake? The open area that's bounded on  looker's right by some nice mature  forest (with hellacious xmas tree farm at the  bottom if you drop  too  far)? Just trying  to connect your  description with the terrain  a bit...

Jim, Strainght down the vertical line between the obviously different tree-growth patterns.
The top triangle+chute is also known as the martini glass.
Don't tell anyone, or put it on the internet or anything!

Thanks - yeah, that's  what I was  thinking  of. Have looked over at that chute from w/ in the  trees to looker's right. It  didn't look pretty on that  particular day.

...bag with phone and car keys, or "phone" and "car keys"??

With what wit license doth thy constrain mine imparticular ineffectitides to splendily reconcile ones immaterial bretheren? The fiendship of friends?
Language Johnny. Don't you just love it...keys & phone, bitch!

triangle to chute has long been called pie in the sky

Reply to this TR

2-17-19-toilet-bowl-rampart-ridge-snoqualimie
Jake the Brit
2019-02-17 20:54:07