Home > Forum > Feb 24, 2006, Mt Baker

Feb 24, 2006, Mt Baker

• snoslut
  • [boarddude]
More
27 Feb 2006 02:22 - 03 Mar 2006 02:56 #212372 by snoslut
Feb 24, 2006, Mt Baker was created by snoslut
Once again the Baker delivered the goods.<br><br> <br><br>After Thursdays reported 32 inches of snow overnight and throughout the day, work must take a back seat.  That off course and the prediction of bluebird on Friday.  Just like that I was on the phone droppin lines to see who would bite.  Only got one bite from Almostaspen, whose actually from the east coast.  Boy was he in for a treat.  After 33 duckets for a lift ticket and splitting gas I was still ahead of the 50 stones I would have had to throw down at some other resort.<br><br>The day started off great with a couple lines down Sam's Ridge.  Lots of deep pow on steeps + cold temps =  ;D.  Yup sported that perma grin all damn day.  Then wouldn't you know it, 2 patrollers along with a boarder started to break trail up Hemi's.  We were quick to follow.  Our bunch consistented of myself, Eric, Mike, Tony and another fellow.  Since the Canyons were closed we were all curious to know how we would get down from our drop in.  One by one we took our line down untracked.  I was amazed to see how stable the snow was.  Barely any sluff at all.  Ended up doing a little traverse back into the resort and down to 5 again.<br><br>The rest of the day was spent hiking the arm and taking line after line.  After a while the sun started to bake the goods but it was still fresh, especially in the shade.  Hmmm an epic day.  Proly one of the best this year until next time, sometime this week. ;D<br><br>Finally my lazy bum has gotten a digi camera with cool features like burst mode.<br><br>Some more pictures:<br>community.webshots.com/album/548058500GCsDcy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• snoslut
  • [boarddude]
More
03 Mar 2006 01:12 #212381 by snoslut
Replied by snoslut on topic Re: Feb 24, 2006, Mt Baker
Yeah finally an account at Biglines.com and an easy avenue to posting pics without my own website. ;D ;D ;D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.