Home > Trip Reports > The Minterbrook tour - Port Orchard

The Minterbrook tour - Port Orchard

2/15/19
Posted by rippy on 2/10/19 5:17am
A half mile of winter wonderland up local trails leads to a large expanse of 16 - 20 degree slopes a full football field long. Small round rock and grass covered  this a few days ago but our 10+ inches of snow made  for good skiing. Followed Coyote tracks right up to the perimeter road and a quarter mile further to the goods. Took 6 runs but with more snow to come and a skin track from my yard, far from done. Hella fun!
Maybe once in 20 years but ya gotta love it!

It's beyond rare. Just flipped my 65th a few days ago and told the wife, things could get epic around here. Then had the dream and whooaah, are ya kidding me? Never in my life again most likely but havin a blast outta my backyard. secret tip: Eastbrook Drive / road end / look for tracks

author=rippy link=topic=41486.msg163825#msg163825 date=1549843641]
It's beyond rare. Just flipped my 65th a few days ago and told the wife, things could get epic around here. Then had the dream and whooaah, are ya kidding me? Never in my life again most likely but havin a blast outta my backyard. secret tip: Eastbrook Drive / road end / look for tracks

A HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you!  I turned 65 a decade ago and I amortize my old age multiple times a week!

This sounds fantastic! Awesome that you found it and skied it!

3 Days, 4 tours, 14 runs until it went bad with the warming / heavy wet snow Monday. Hope a few pic's attach but it snowed almost the entire time I was out so very flat light....mostly.

Reply to this TR

the-minterbrook-tour-port-orchard
rippy
2019-02-10 13:17:13