Home > Trip Reports > February 9, 2019, Lowland Squilchuck valley

February 9, 2019, Lowland Squilchuck valley

2/9/19
WA Cascades East Slopes Central
Posted by mikerolfs on 2/9/19 2:09pm
For some reason my house got about twice as much new snow overnight as Mission Ridge. I live 4 miles down the road, and about 2000 feet below the parking lot. On top of the ski area, it was 0 degrees with 50mph sustained winds (all day) and Mish got about a foot of snow. At my house, it was 18 degrees at dawn, warming up to 22 through the day and the snow fell straight down! I woke up to 20" in the driveway with another foot falling through the day. It was one of those amazing days. The first lap was pretty slow going, and I thought I'd done all the work, but each lap was still a breaking exercise since there would be at least 4 inches new since last visit!

I've sort of fallen out of making daily videos, but today was special. Here are hightlights: youtube vid

OK.  The most wonderful things sometimes are right in front of us.  Aside from my wife and kids, that may be the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

I like your short ski buddy who also likes powder.😉

Wonderful powder pictures, about as cold and deep as it gets, and the elk!

Wow mike! What a score!

Wow...ski dream come true...in your back yard no less :)

Absolutely incredible!
TR of the year

Awesome video!

Did you think you were dreaming when you looked out the window this morning?

Epic Great flic! Thanks for sharing.

Amazing action shots - 20" in the driveway...to start!  That's the ticket to a great day.

It looks like you got better skiing from your house than many of us did after driving to the mountain!  So awesome.

Reply to this TR

february-9-2019-lowland-squilchuck-valley
mikerolfs
2019-02-09 22:09:03