February 5, 2018 Xtal late TR

• telemack
  • [telemack]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
06 Feb 2019 19:04 - 06 Feb 2019 23:18 #232494 by telemack
February 5, 2018 Xtal late TR was created by telemack
Monday was a plum day, cold with 4-6" very light in most places.  Northway was freezing fresh all morning.  Saw Kneel Turner and complimented him on his new NTN setup, skis and all.  Hiked the King first time this bony season and got 12" of fluffy stuff into Silver Basin with an unusual rock band in the middle. 
137 months o' TAY

Other:  Chicken chili in HCL was sub-par.  The heating vents are good for re-warming goggles, gloves, etc.  Parked at the very front of B Lot, which  was almost empty all day.  The drive from Kitsap was grueling, and the return trip too; the non-putty-colored Toyota Tacoma was in 4-wheel drive almost all day.  Hopefully we ski out our garage doorway this weekend!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Kneel Turner
  • [Kneel Turner]
More
07 Feb 2019 11:10 #232469 by Kneel Turner
Replied by Kneel Turner on topic Re: February 4, 2018 Xtal late TR
Great to see you on the Hill T-Mack. Took some time to adjust, but yeah, I am liking my outlaws/Tx setup. Great for hiking the king. The sick Days are a really fun ski too!
It was "show, not tell" protocol for me and some new friends after my hiking buds bailed early.
Reminds me of one of my favorite quotes from fire academy:

"Which way did they go?.. How many of them were there?.. I must find them... I am their leader!!!"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.