Stevens - 02/04

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
04 Feb 2019 21:07 #232479 by ddk
Stevens - 02/04 was created by ddk
5" at my house at 5am, 7" at my friends house at 8am in Monroe, 2" at Stevens at 10am ? So sad. And a drive from Hell to get there. Had committed to skiing with an old work buddy today, pre bought Tix's for #1 and myself off Stevens web site Sunday evening after all the weather reports indicated only a inch or two in the lowlands - dang! Almost turned around a couple of times, but than you burn to un-refundable tix - dang! Keep on going. Haven't been to lucky on my ski day selections for Stevens in the recent past and today was pretty much the same. Spent most of the day skiing icy groomers with some nice low angle spots around the mountain that had 2 to 4 inches of better than nothing...at least we were not at work? Temps felt cold do to the lack of real hamster skiing and the wind chill on some lifts was kinda cold. Faintly glowing sun in the sky, vis was good enough, crowd was pretty light - as in no lift lines anywhere and fairly empty runs. Found a few nice small bumps on Kehr's chair, warmest places to ski were Kehr's and Tye Mill (nice slow chairs - though Tye is brutally slow). My friend was more adventurous than I and skied some areas that he had to admit were a mistake. My brain was lacking motivation today. Still skied a lot of vert - mainly cause we skied almost till closing...they were locking up the lodges as fast as they could.

Other - #1 and I had a late lunch, soup was Lentil something or other...tasty and "hot" in front of the gas fireplace. Parking was prime close, kinda like the front of the A lot. Drive as noted was more brutal than even normal...painful from our house to Bellevue and than sporadicly slow behind WSDOT snow plows. After a very nice dinner at my friends the drive home was a breeze. Roads around my neighborhood are a total sheet of ice, hhhhmmm try to ski tomorrow? All in all it was an okay day, definitely an adventure I do not need to repeat for a long time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Chamois
  • [Chamois]
More
05 Feb 2019 07:32 #232481 by Chamois
Replied by Chamois on topic Re: Stevens - 02/04
Akkk! You're assessments are generally optimistic! Man, where are the big dumps this year?

More
05 Feb 2019 08:28 #232482 by Zap
Replied by Zap on topic Re: Stevens - 02/04
Nice trip report.😉

• telemack
  • [telemack]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
06 Feb 2019 18:53 #232493 by telemack
Replied by telemack on topic Re: Stevens - 02/04
ddk steps out in a different neighborhood 8) Monday was heaven at Xtal; I could do a late TR....