1/31/19 Whistler

• avajane
  • [avajane]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
31 Jan 2019 22:59 #232461 by avajane
1/31/19 Whistler was created by avajane
I just skied Whistler for a couple of hours in the morning and had a great uncrowded drive back to Seattle as I left at 12:30. No Van rush and no border wait at all. Cloudy with flurries and 28 - 34. Minor inversion, but it was uneven as some areas were frozen pretty hard, and other areas held a nice edge - not always related to elevation.

Last Saturday was uncrowded for those that got on the lifts shortly after 8am and went right to the top. This Saturday will be slammed with powder starved locals, so skiing Friday would be a nice option, and getting on the mountain early Saturday will be very important. If there is a big line go somewhere else if you have options. Creekside is great to ski down to on whatever trails are groomed. Try Garbonzo as well - or the lower Blackcomb Gondola. When Tokum, Bear Paw, or even Crab Apple are groomed they are nice. Don't waste ski time riding the Peak to Peak when there is good skiing to the Valley. But don't go back down too early on a crowded weekend, or you could still be stuck with day skiers arriving.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• avajane
  • [avajane]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
01 Feb 2019 12:45 - 02 Feb 2019 12:07 #232463 by avajane
Replied by avajane on topic Re: 1/31/19 Whistler
My "friend" staying at my place sent me this from this morning...Im looking at the rain come down in Seattle...

share.icloud.com/photos/0SK-APtE0BBvGUEX...Q#Whistler_Blackcomb

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.