Home > Forum > ANYWHERE in February, where would YOU go, and why?

ANYWHERE in February, where would YOU go, and why?

• dave095790
  • [dave095790]
More
22 Jan 2019 07:50 #232374 by dave095790
It's close enough to float with current conditions in mind, if you have the first two weeks of February off and you could travel ANYWHERE to ski ... where would you go and why?

I'm thinking the SLC area, because I have never skied in that area and there is a lot of options, but I feel this is a semi-easy / cop-out answer.

After spending this past weekend in Joffre / Duffy area, I'm thinking about returning to that area and going to Rogers Pass instead.

Thanks!

Dave

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jan 2019 08:34 #232375 by filbo
I would follow the weather at that time north like you suggested if that's where it was happening, but I think more towards Big Sky and then down to Utah or Utah then over to Colorado. All are big states with lots of options and not to forget Tahoe then down to June Lake and Mammoth. Idaho could also play into road tripping as well with some on the way places heading east. I am actually planning on doing something like this at that time as well.

More
22 Jan 2019 10:04 - 22 Jan 2019 10:11 #232376 by Kiddch
Zermatt.

Because it's the Alps.  The town is unreal.  The skiing is off the hook.  Switzerland and Italy.  With two weeks you can train to a few different resorts.  If you've got to fly and transfer somewhere, outside of SLC Europe can be almost as convenient as anywhere else, if you can find a decent fare.  You can skip the car (Zermatt doesn't allow them) and train everywhere.  Trains are both convenient and spectacular!

There are lots of places I want to get back to (Whistler, Baker) but Zermatt tops the list.

• cumulus
  • [cumulus]
More
22 Jan 2019 15:55 #232380 by cumulus
Snoqualmie. Low carbon footprint. And because I know you like a challenge. That--and the terrain is one of the few places that truly lives up to the word, gnarly.
But it's not for everyone.

More
23 Jan 2019 08:16 #232385 by Pete_H
Go see the world! Austria and Switzerland have been having great years. If you want to keep it more local, can't beat anywhere in B.C. that time of the year.

More
23 Jan 2019 09:09 #232387 by mfonda
Perfect time to hit Japan. Bottomless powder, amazing food, good people, and nothing beats soaking in an onsen after a day of skiing.

• peteyboy
  • [peteyboy]
More
24 Jan 2019 11:49 #232393 by peteyboy
If you have the time but not the funds for Japow or the Alps, this is the best year in a LONG time in the San Juans of SW Colorado. If you have any connections there, this is the time.

• peteyboy
  • [peteyboy]
More
24 Jan 2019 12:01 #232395 by peteyboy
Just saw your sale post about what you have going on. Take the farewell cruise in that PIMPIN van on the way to VA/FL stopping over for America's best roadside skiing on US 550 in SW CO.

• dave095790
  • [dave095790]
More
24 Jan 2019 19:53 #232401 by dave095790
Thanks everyone for the input. I've got EU plans for some point in the future, just can't swing it at this time.

I'm thinking about CA for five days, UT for five days, CO for about 10 days (Keystone with family and then San Juans).

I've found some info on Lake Tahoe skiing, but am curious if anyone know the current state of thier snowpack and/or mid-winter ski touring.

I did just review their avy forecast which looks to show so-so conditions. Worth going down there? www.sierraavalanchecenter.org/advisory

Bumping all the way to Canada seems a little excessive, and best is spring anyway, though finding partners at Rogers Pass can be pretty easy ...

• flowing alpy
  • [flowing alpy]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
26 Jan 2019 07:20 #232410 by flowing alpy
19BBI@Alpental feb 14-16

More
07 Feb 2019 15:28 #232491 by Stefan
Jet ski Turks and Caicos. Providenciales. Jet skis rock.

• flowing alpy
  • [flowing alpy]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
10 Feb 2019 05:41 #232505 by flowing alpy
so hawaii looking good right now,
especially if one likes coral reefs
for the skin diving not the skiing.

More
10 Feb 2019 09:53 #232507 by filbo
just came back from anywhere from 2/2 until 2/8. Interstate 84 to SLC to ski 5 days of the big storm that dumped on the Wasatch for the whole week. Came home and the local snow is piling up here. Legs are a little tired.