telemark skiingbackcountry skiingPacific NorthwestWashington and Oregonweather linksThe Yuki AwardsMt. Rainier and Mt. Adams
Turns All Year
www.turns-all-year.com
  Help | Search | Login | Register
Turns All Year Trip Reports
Backcountry Skiing and Snowboarding

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
06/19/19, 12:48 AM

Become a TAY Sponsor!

Trip Reports Sponsor
Pro Ski Service
Pro Ski Service
Turns All Year Trip Reports
(1) Viewing these pages constitutes your acceptance of the Terms of Use.
(2) Disclaimer: the accuracy of information here is unknown, use at your own risk.
(3) Trip Report monthly boards: only actual trip report starts a new thread.
(4) Keep it civil and constructive - that is the norm here.

FOAC Snow
Info Exchange

NWAC Avalanche
Forecast
+  Turns All Year Trip Reports
|-+  Hot Air
| |-+  Lift-accessed Skiing Reports: non-backcountry
| | |-+  Crystal - 01/10
:
« previous next »
Pages: [1] | Go Down Print
Author Topic: Crystal - 01/10  (Read 602 times)
ddk

Crystal - 01/10
« on: 01/10/19, 03:41 PM »

Finally back on the slopes, finally upper mountain open, actually finally everything open today - though not everywhere was worth going.  Most upper mountain (500 to 1000 of the top) was good, should have gone to some places earlier, but those areas were hamster happy when I finally did - I do enjoy left over pow piles.  Fairly big early crowd line up, but the crowd rapidly dispersed all over Crystal as most inbounds opened pretty early. Spent early morning doing GV Bowl/LS edges/MIFB and then spent a lot of time lapping PB/BP’s - perfect conditions for a hamster - even as eskinmo yelled I was going the wrong direction (he was heading south). The Patrol was bombing multiple areas out south at the same time - didn’t see many patrol folks in the core area.  Bottom half the mountain (that I skied) was shady ice, though there was enough sun heat to soften MIFB and Stumpfarm (probably other lower south facing slopes also). No lift lines today after the start.

Other - Soup at CB lodge was veggie something, I had a marginal Hawaiian pizza.  Crowds fairly light in the lodges that I passed through, but not the Elk which was packed.  Pay lot was nice sized and not full, but had 4 buses…pay lot was a ice skating rink again today.  Drive up was early and easy, drive down was to many old wacky drivers.

Other Other - Finally brought out the “New” Coombas (been waiting in the garage since the beginning of last season - they were very happy and I was very happy with nice sharp edges today for some of the icy sections.   

All in all a pretty great day and I am sure a lot of big mountain skiers and boarders had an even bigger fun day.
gregL

Re: Crystal - 01/10
« Reply #1 on: 01/10/19, 04:28 PM »

Soup at CB lodge was veggie something . . .

Minestrone. Pretty good at that.
eskinmo

Re: Crystal - 01/10
« Reply #2 on: 01/11/19, 08:52 AM »

Chair 6 opened at 9;15......Powder Bowl was awesome ,a couple of times....then North opened very good , Northway Peak great ,all of it really except the bottom couple hundred feet......had the pepperoni pizza ...then out South....3 great south laps made me wonder what the cache would be like.....shady and perfect back there....nothing moved all day....great day ,no traffic on the way down at 5:30.........BigDay
Pages: [1] | Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Thank you to our sponsors!
click to visit our sponsor: Feathered Friends
Feathered Friends
click to visit our sponsor: Marmot Mountain Works
Marmot Mountain Works
click to visit our sponsor: Second Ascent
Second Ascent
click to visit our sponsor: American Alpine Institute
American Alpine Institute
click to visit our sponsor: Pro Guiding Service
Pro Guiding Service
Contact turns-all-year.com

Turns All Year Trip Reports ©2001-2010 Turns All Year LLC. All Rights Reserved

The opinions expressed in posts are those of the poster and do not necessarily
reflect the opinions of Trip Reports administrators or Turns All Year LLC

Turns All Year Trip Reports | Powered by SMF 1.0.6.
© 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved.