Home > Forum > crystal ,jan 9

crystal ,jan 9

• eskinmo
  • [eskinmo]
More
09 Jan 2019 17:00 #232293 by eskinmo
crystal ,jan 9 was created by eskinmo
What no report yet.......it sucked.....if you had had to , I guess you could make the best of it.....I didn't....yesterdays snow was great .....today was a total let down..........those aren't dots or periods ,those are tears, the tears of broken dreams that won't be fixed tomorrow....But ya gotta pick your self up and get back in line, even if your attitude has gone to sh*t , and there's no hope...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jan 2019 18:20 #232294 by ddk
Replied by ddk on topic Re: crystal ,jan 9
Sorry about the day. Looked sad.....dot dot.... especially when the telemetry looked almost good mid day. Nice nasty report.... thanks...glad I was very lazy!

More
09 Jan 2019 19:48 #232296 by gregL
Replied by gregL on topic Re: crystal ,jan 9
Was that 83mph max wind for real? Did they even open REX?

• telemack
  • [telemack]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
10 Jan 2019 09:31 #232300 by telemack
Replied by telemack on topic Re: crystal ,jan 9
None of the upper lifts opened. A patroller I queried around 10 said no plans to open them yesterday. Do they decide based on winds, cars in the lot, both? The mountain report for yesterday was a real tease,
giving a false expectation that the upper mountain would give two days of untracked.
BUT there was still good skiing! Lots of snow all over the runs; must have been light numbers Tuesday, and very few lines yesterday esp. for only FQ being open. Fast, fun, lots of good in the woods. It was after lunch that the temps, precip, and winds all rose, clogging goggles and sogging gloves.
Soup was seafood chowder, my wife enjoyed it. I was damp and cut lunch short, on the theory that I should just get wetter sooner and knock off early. By 3 it was practically a whiteout atop FQ and upslope gusts almost stopped me in my tracks on the way back to the barn.