Home > Forum > Crystal - 1/7

Crystal - 1/7

• CD
  • [CD]
More
07 Jan 2019 15:34 #232277 by CD
Crystal - 1/7 was created by CD
A great 3 out of 3 day. Light crowds (finally), great snow, and some occasional visibility impairment in the morning due to continued snow, but a quick turn into the trees took care of that.

6 inches of nice new snow on top of a very firm layer. Where it was smooth underneath, let the skis rip to float above the firm. Where there were moguls underneath, let it get tracked, and then oh so nice. Top honors for the day go to Exterminator (actual face shots) and Employee Housing. Never made it up C6 or out to Northway, because it wasn't required. Will have to wait for reports from others. Oh, apparently I'm blind at the bottom of Powder Bowl as yet another day I skied right past ddk without seeing him. Too focussed on getting the stick.

Pay lot was big (three reflectors below the Snorting Elk bridge. At the end of the day, 4 rows in pay parking with 2/3s of it empty. Nice job Crystal-Mountain-Parking-Setter-Guy!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jan 2019 17:21 #232279 by gregL
Replied by gregL on topic Re: Crystal - 1/7
Another vote for point-and-shoot laps in Iceberg before it got tracked out, and Exterminator skied well all day, except maybe for the icy bumps at the bottom. Deepest snow was skiers far left in PB, where there seemed to be at least a foot (almost enough to stay above the ice layer). Great day.

More
07 Jan 2019 18:24 #232281 by ddk
Replied by ddk on topic Re: Crystal - 1/7
And more verbiage....Another day, another very nice day - though no power at home and other issues made this early morning a little weak. Powder frenzy early on CHex...but with a whole mountain of places to go not really much of a problem - left overs of deep were everywhere to be found. #1 had a great morning on FQex and I was even nice enough to ski a number of those runs...good quality groomer skiing with lots of side of runs with deep light happy snow. Agree with CD that it was a great day and also that he is totally focused when he is on line! Ha Ha! Fun day, PB was great when I did it, other places improved with the vis after the morning snow storm slowed down. Coverage is great - the new Experimentals were happy enough, coverage on top of Ch6 was way better and never noticed a rock anywhere else.

Other - Soup at CB was The Triple C and I gotta say it was very nice and spicy for a very early lunch break. Pay lot as noted was way massive and way empty when we left...spaced on the rest of the parking lots. Drive up was to casual but okay, drive down the Blvd was way to slow following a Xtal snow/chemical truck in a line up...sadly I got dinged by a very official WSP below the Ranch area...but that got us out of traffic the rest of the drive...dang! Best part...had power at the house when we got home! Fun day! Great day! No lift lines!...even with the slow diesel running lifts.

• eskinmo
  • [eskinmo]
More
07 Jan 2019 18:29 #232282 by eskinmo
Replied by eskinmo on topic Re: Crystal - 1/7
what a day....one of the best so far ...deepest I found was paradise bowl....best Morning Glory....most fun White Dragon.... skied Lower Northway to road ,so yeah North was good..............South...not as good as Paradise or Northway Peak...but never skied out, not even close...and it was plenty good....but who cares ,with 29 inches coming for Thursday....I'm studying my theasoursas without spell check, so I'll be ready to exceade readers expectations about how great it was.... I mean will be

• CascadeSkier
  • [CascadeSkier]
More
07 Jan 2019 23:06 #232285 by CascadeSkier
Replied by CascadeSkier on topic Re: Crystal - 1/7
2nd best powder day of the year - true top to bottom black tree yahooing. 3F, Damn Fine, Memorial Forest, Eagles Nest (very nice), PB west cannon 3, Willies, Boondoggle, Fardoggle. Never North - no need to.