Home > Forum > ColdFeb 24th, Mt. Baker

ColdFeb 24th, Mt. Baker

• galen
  • [galen]
More
24 Feb 2006 12:34 #212355 by galen
ColdFeb 24th, Mt. Baker was created by galen
A great Baker day = visability, cold and lots of new snow helps too. We had all three today and enjoyed it from first chair to last.<br><br>Lots of lines on Hemi, below Table mtn. and down Herman. Observed no slides other than point releases but I don't know how old those are. I couldn't justify going out of bounds the morning after a 15" dump.<br><br>Is it normal/prudent for those Baker backcountry areas to get tracked out the day after a dump?<br><br>Tomorrow we skin...<br><br>Galen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• silaswild
  • [silaswild]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
24 Feb 2006 13:31 #212356 by silaswild
Replied by silaswild on topic Re: ColdFeb 24th, Mt. Baker
Normal? Yup, everyone loves fresh snow, in or out of the ski area. <br><br>Prudent? Depends on the avi hazard where the tracks are being made; in today's case, I have heard from baker locals who frequently lurk here that the conditions where they skied outtabounds today were stable. ymmv, judge the situation for yourself.<br><br>I'm sure the backcountry boys and girls who were able to get to Baker today were scurrying around the freshies before the Pugetopolis crowd attacks tomorrow. I'm happy for them, and am excited to search for a few leftovers tomorrow and the next day; it's all good, and much better for me than last weekend. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.