Home > Forum > Feb 24th Steven's Pass

Feb 24th Steven's Pass

• tomcat
  • [tomcat]
More
24 Feb 2006 08:50 #212353 by tomcat
Feb 24th Steven's Pass was created by tomcat
<br>Sic<br><br>Bluebird skies and plenty of new pow,Light and dry on top of slightly heavier stuf. I heard on my first chair that it was warm thurs, and some funky conditions existed,but the coverage was bottomless. The backside was very sunny and warm the snow got a little heavier midday, headed for the shady side and found similiar deep fluff. Not too crowded and should be great saturday. T<br><br><br><br><br><br>

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• BrianLee
  • [BrianLee]
More
24 Feb 2006 11:26 #212354 by BrianLee
Replied by BrianLee on topic Re: Feb 24th Steven's Pass
I am sick as a dog right now. Probably should have slept in this morning. <br><br>but today was worth it! the stuff dreams are made of. sun, freshies, cold temps! for three hours this morning I didn't feel sick at all!

• CrazyPat
  • [CrazyPat]
More
24 Feb 2006 18:10 #212362 by CrazyPat
Replied by CrazyPat on topic Re: Feb 24th Steven's Pass
A sweet day, no doubt. Sun and freshies, can't beat it. Stayed til sunset--so nice.<br><br>Did get heavy on the S facing mid-day. Thin crust formed in afternoon. <br><br>Heavy slough all day on the steeps. It was stripping down to the old crust. Watch out for the OB and backcountry. It's as sketchy as the NWAC says it is.

• dkoelle
  • [dkoelle]
More
25 Feb 2006 02:18 #212363 by dkoelle
Replied by dkoelle on topic Re: Feb 24th Steven's Pass
The best.<br><br>Combination of sun and powder snow. Uncrossed first tracks top to bottom.

More
25 Feb 2006 06:02 #212365 by NaPali
Replied by NaPali on topic Re: Feb 24th Steven's Pass
<br>Thursday was crazy too, it got colder and colder all day, and never felt any 'heavier' stuff. Never waited in a line except for first chair...<br><br>we skied 9 am to 6:30 pm and only left when hearing the threat of closing Hwy 2 around 7 pm. It was still fantastic!<br><br>guess we should have slept in the car!<br><br>Jim