Home > Forum > Corral Pass

Corral Pass

• jboersema
  • [jboersema]
More
25 Dec 2018 20:44 - 26 Dec 2018 10:57 #163181 by jboersema
Corral Pass was created by jboersema
Is Road 7174 to Corral Pass skiable? The Forest Service Website indicates that the road is closed at mile 1 due to "Resource Damage from the Norse Peak Fire" which was in 2017. I was considering an overnight ski tour to the Pass with my family, later this week.

Any information is appreciated.
Last edit: 26 Dec 2018 10:57 by jboersema.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• RyanPete81
  • [RyanPete81]
More
26 Dec 2018 20:09 #163204 by RyanPete81
Replied by RyanPete81 on topic Re: Corral Pass
I can't speak to whether the road is passable or not due to fire impact. We exited via Corral Pass and FS7174 following a traverse from Crystal in Feb 2013 . At the time we were able to ski from Corral pass back to our cabin in Silver Springs. With the snow levels where they are now and the road closed at mile 1, you're facing a pretty long walk. The terrain directly adjacent to the pass is quite mellow and heavily traveled by snowmobiles (the latter may not be the case now if the road is gated at mile 1).

Is Road 7174 to Corral Pass skiable? The Forest Service Website indicates that the road is closed at mile 1 due to "Resource Damage from the Norse Peak Fire" which was in 2017. I was considering an overnight ski tour to the Pass with my family, later this week.

Any information is appreciated.

• jboersema
  • [jboersema]
More
26 Dec 2018 22:28 #163209 by jboersema
Replied by jboersema on topic Re: Corral Pass
Thanks for the help. We're looking to ski elsewhere.