December 19, 2018, Stevens Pass

• silaswild
  • [silaswild]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
19 Dec 2018 18:33 #232157 by silaswild
December 19, 2018, Stevens Pass was created by silaswild
Nice quiet country club day with good visibility, some blue sky, excellent grooming, and plenty of boottop+ lighter than expected fresh snow. 300-500' untracked shots of hippy powder could be found all day!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nordique
  • [nordique]
More
19 Dec 2018 19:30 #232158 by nordique
Replied by nordique on topic Re: December 19, 2018, Stevens Pass
Silas, no photos? No videos?

• Quick foot
  • [Quick foot]
More
19 Dec 2018 21:39 #232160 by Quick foot
Replied by Quick foot on topic Re: December 19, 2018, Stevens Pass
I was up today for swing shift. I Started skiing about three o'clock and was able to get one run in on Seventh Heaven before it closed. Seventh was pretty good, it was a little thick and gloppy but worth it. Once the lights came on, I skied most of the time on the runs that are normally groomed but are now kind of fun bump runs. Those would be Blue Trail on Hogs and Crest Trail on Tye. There were some lights not working on the main groomer down Tye so it was pretty dark in there. The lit off piste areas of Sky we're very skiable. No lines anywhere. Well except for the one at guest services where they're still doing season passes. It looked to be about 30 minutes long
Vis= 1 Crowd=1 Snow=.8. Another 2.8/3

• telemack
  • [telemack]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
20 Dec 2018 11:40 #232162 by telemack
Replied by telemack on topic Re: December 19, 2018, Stevens Pass
I pre-bought a lift ticket for yesterday and had to wait in line for an hour. The top of backside was nice; untracked on Corona shoulder and below Little Jill. Lower parts were compacted wet by the time we got there. Southern was open but Jupiter was closed.
I took two runs on 7th after 2, the lightest and smoothest snow of the day. The climb up to Bobby & Nancy Chutes had only been booted so I passed on putting in some sidesteps, sorry I was lazy. The unloading area from 7th held fog most of the day, but only for a short distance. Plenty of leftover untracked all day and we never saw a rock. Maybe we were looking in the wrong places?

• Markeyz
  • [Markeyz]
More
20 Dec 2018 22:14 #232164 by Markeyz
Replied by Markeyz on topic Re: December 19, 2018, Stevens Pass
Did you check Tye bowl? That's usually good for some early season rocks and holes.

• skibacks
  • [skibacks]
More
22 Dec 2018 23:08 #232151 by skibacks
Replied by skibacks on topic Re: December 19, 2018, Stevens Pass

I was up today for swing shift.

We also did swing shift - and it was a super storm sesh - mostly wind buffed with some scratchy mixed in.  Sure was fun.  Did about 12 runs - Hogs, Skyline, Tye Mill and then the big surprise for this old fart  was a really great burger in the Bulls Tooth Pub & Eatery.  I am a PB&J in the pocket guy, so this was unusual for us.  I did get a good piece of pizza or two at Crystal, but also had some not so good.  We went back out and had another ten runs in deeper snow. Left about 9PM  The new Cochise boots and skis were sublime++.