Home > Forum > December 14, 2018 Bridger Bowl, MT

December 14, 2018 Bridger Bowl, MT

• Zap
  • [Zap]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
14 Dec 2018 20:13 #232126 by Zap

It amazes me that from Bozeman it is only 15 miles to Bridger with no elevation increase. We picked up our free tickets using our Powder Alliance passes. It was a sunny day with cold temperatures and packed powder. Bridger makes small changes each season. I like the magic carpet with a cover, called the Tube, to get from the Pierres Knob lift to the Deer Park Chalet. The Schlasman's lift provides access to the ridge at 8800'. Riders are required to have an avy transceiver, shovel, and a partner.

Today was a cruiser day on the groomers and edge powder. The base is at 6100' with a Summit elevation of 8800'. The ridge also has trees so the entire ski area is great for both tree skiing and skiing some steep rock lined areas from the ridge. There was good coverage from all the lifts.

We left 2 weeks ago to follow the snow eastward. It was fun in UT, CO, and MT - we had 3 fresh powder days, 5 packed powder days, and some sun. The west coast is finally looking good snow-wise so we are heading back home to do some downhill and safe back country skiing. Now it's time to shift gears and do some Xmas shopping, decorate the tree, and put up the outside lights. This was a good start to the ski season, and I feel so much better after getting my ski fix! ;)

Zap & Jill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nordique
  • [nordique]
More
14 Dec 2018 21:02 #232127 by nordique
Replied by nordique on topic Re: December 14, 2018 Bridger Bowl, MT
Thanks for the great trip reports!

• Quick foot
  • [Quick foot]
More
15 Dec 2018 17:04 #232133 by Quick foot
Replied by Quick foot on topic Re: December 14, 2018 Bridger Bowl, MT
Yes, Keep them coming