Home > Forum > 12/10/18 Whistler Full On (almost)

12/10/18 Whistler Full On (almost)

• avajane
  • [avajane]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
10 Dec 2018 21:45 #232087 by avajane
12/10/18 Whistler Full On (almost) was created by avajane
Wild day started at 8:15am just to ski the couple of inches new from yesterday. Somehow from early morning to ski time and from the official snow stake site to the top of Red Chair ......things changed. I was carefully skiing a solid 8-12" of new snow on Franze's Meadow and Chair all morning! After my wife came up to join, we skied Emerald until it crowded up. Yesterday going down to the Village was good - today it was terrible. Excalibur Gondola had crapped and the Village Gondo Line was 2 hours.... I asked about Solar Coaster, or
The new Gondola - but they didn't like that...so....stormed right into Pan Pacific where they set us up with a ride back to the Creekside Gondola and no line. Luckily the Peak was still closed and we nailed shortly after that. Probably 40 bombs had been dropped and everything ski cut on the whole Peak. With my wife there, we were headed over to the Saddle. She skied the deep soft well, while I traveresd far skiers right to finally get past avalanche debris and find untracked snow for the rest of Glacier Bowl. Next run in The Peak, I did Whistler
Bowl and continued to Christmas Tree and Grand Finale. Lovely 2' deep
Snow was found, along with the occasional hard hit from a rock or old,hard bump. My last Peak run was down Peak to Creek and hanging left at the old Pass. From a few
Tracks at the start - it ended up first tracks in the late afternoon sun, that had just finally made an appearance before dropping below the Tantalus Range....

Amazing how you can go from 10,000 people to fresh tracks at the end of the day in the late afternoon sun....As I traversed back in Hiway 86,
I ran into a few more riders who all had big grins on...What a day!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pipedream
  • [pipedream]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
10 Dec 2018 23:12 #232088 by pipedream
Replied by pipedream on topic Re: 12/10/18 Whistler Full On (almost)

2' deep

I think you mean 60cm ;)

Amazing how you can go from 10,000 people to fresh tracks at the end of the day in the late afternoon sun...

Not if you've been to Alpental on a Tues. as of late...

• avajane
  • [avajane]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
11 Dec 2018 07:41 #232090 by avajane
Replied by avajane on topic Re: 12/10/18 Whistler Full On (almost)
Ok eh? Next report in Canadian.

I could only ski Alpental on a 60 centimeter day with a guide...