Home > Forum > Alyeska, AK Feb 2019 - looking for touring ideas

Alyeska, AK Feb 2019 - looking for touring ideas

• flysurferrosa
  • [flysurferrosa]
More
06 Dec 2018 13:54 #162953 by flysurferrosa
Hi there,
we're taking a trip up to Alyeska in February and just wondering if anyone has any experience touring up there, any regions or areas to check out?  I see turnagain pass mentioned, and summit lake, but other than those names and a topo, I don't know where to start...anyone?
Much thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• jdoneill
  • [jdoneill]
More
16 Mar 2019 07:32 #164389 by jdoneill
Sorry I missed this as I spent ~15 seasons in Girdwood and would have loved to assist. Where did you end up? Hope you had good times and enjoyed the locals!

More
03 Mar 2020 16:23 #166997 by DG
Hi,

Resurrecting this post for a related question. It looks like I'll have a chance to stay at Aleyska Hotel for work during early June. It seems like the hotel is right at the base of the resort. The resort close at the end of April but wondering if there would still likely be adequate snow for touring from near the base of the resort area then? And does it usually corn up and ski well in the late spring? I have no experience with Alaska skiing, so would prefer to start with something easy like the resort area, and maybe expand off of that.

Thanks!

• RyanLikes2Ski
  • [RyanLikes2Ski]
More
04 Mar 2020 15:10 #167010 by RyanLikes2Ski
Replied by RyanLikes2Ski on topic Re: Alyeska, AK Feb 2019 - looking for touring ideas
Notch Mountain is close to the resort. This might give ya some ideas caltopo.com/m/SUD8