Home > Forum > December 5, 2018 Park City Epic Begins

December 5, 2018 Park City Epic Begins

• Zap
  • [Zap]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
05 Dec 2018 20:25 #232070 by Zap

Yes, we've been waiting and waiting for snow in WA. We finally had to leave town and go to where the snow storms have arrived with 'real' snow. The van was packed and we left on Monday for Park City. It's a bit of a drive, but we decided for our first day to go to Park City. The combination of Park City and the Canyons has 25% of the terrain open with 19 of the 41 lifts loading. The options are "BIG". But we decided to take it easy and remember that our hips and thighs need to adjust to the new activity. They will remind us of our 70+ year old bodies. My new skis, new goggles with prescription inserts, plus my new jacket made me feel like a new person. Jill has new goggles and she looks "cool".

They received 2" overnight and the coverage for all the open slopes was great. After 2 hours we called it quits with smiles on our faces. We talked to a host who is a bit younger, and he agreed that we stopped when it was still feeling great. There is plenty of terrain open and the Canyons is also open. This was an Epic Pass event, and we're now heading for CO. Although it was very cold, it was a great way to start the ski season.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.