Home > Trip Reports > December 3, 2018, Stevens Pass

December 3, 2018, Stevens Pass

12/3/18
WA Stevens Pass
Posted by silaswild on 12/3/18 11:02am
Cooler than yesterday and lots more blue sky (until afternoon.) Perfect courderoy in the sun from the top of Skyline was my first of the season and a real treat. After noon we had glorious backside skiing, varying from 6" cold smoke to settled wet snow depending on aspect and solar effects.

The Stevens crew is doing a great job of grooming in preparation for the next snowfall. They probably could run Skyline lift, but it would be extremely difficult to rope off hazards that could lead to potential law suit creating accidents. Maybe they could sell a buyout day with a lengthy liability waiver document costing more than the actual skiing. Oh well, right now it's a nice private ski hill for turn earners. Epic!! ;)
I think I got the hint of something along the lines of some grooming having been done? Looks like I know where I am headed  tomorrow to make some turns. lol

author=Donnelly_M link=topic=41114.msg162912#msg162912 date=1543894468]
I think I got the hint of something along the lines of some grooming having been done? Looks like I know where I am headed  tomorrow to make some turns. lol

jtack and I saw you skiing today, Donnelly. We saw no turns.

Reply to this TR

december-3-2018-stevens-pass
silaswild
2018-12-03 19:02:31