Home > Forum > NWAC telemetry issues?

NWAC telemetry issues?

• Markeyz
  • [Markeyz]
More
27 Nov 2018 09:21 #232041 by Markeyz
NWAC telemetry issues? was created by Markeyz
Is anyone else having trouble viewing telemetry data 10 day observations? I only get a few hours of the current day and then the next line is 11/9. Occurs on both my laptop and phone. The data seems to be there since it shows on the graphs and somehow Amar has been able to get it for his trip reports.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Nov 2018 22:43 #232044 by Micah
Replied by Micah on topic Re: NWAC telemetry issues?
Yes, it does seem like the 10-day pages (e.g. here ) show data from 11/9-10/30 following the current day. I sent an email to NWAC to report it.

More
28 Nov 2018 11:52 #232046 by Micah
Replied by Micah on topic Re: NWAC telemetry issues?
Reply from NWAC:

Our 10-day tables that show a collection of weather stations in one area are broken.  Over the next two weeks, we will be switching to a new table format similar to the table format displayed for single stations on our new weather station map. www.nwac.us/weatherdata/map/

Please bear with us while we make the necessary changes, it will be worth the wait!

• Amar Andalkar
  • [andalkar]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
28 Nov 2018 16:58 #232047 by Amar Andalkar
Replied by Amar Andalkar on topic Re: NWAC telemetry issues?
Well, it's fixed now! Just got an email from NWAC saying so! All the 10-day data appears to be working normally now.

Is anyone else having trouble viewing telemetry data 10 day observations?  I only get a few hours of the current day and then the next line is 11/9.  Occurs on both my laptop and phone.  The data seems to be there since it shows on the graphs and somehow Amar has been able to get it for his trip reports.

The data for the graphs comes from a different archive than that for the 1-day and 10-day tables. And I have my own script which saves the NWAC ALL data file (data.nwac.us/ALL) every hour, plus I manually save all of the once-daily ALL.x files every few days too as a fail-safe. So I had access to the 10-day data from my own archives for those trip reports. (I have the daily NWAC data tables archived back to October 2004, with only a few minor gaps, but this archive is not currently online for public consumption.)

NWAC changed their data server (the one that runs data.nwac.us) on November 13, which I noticed shortly since it broke all my personal NWAC data scripts (due to the new server sending out 302 Found redirection codes instead of actual data files, despite no visible changes in URL). It was easy to implement a workaround for that on my end and get my own scripts working again. But not the 10-day data, since all the data files in data.nwac.us/archive/ which are needed for the 10-day scripts were no longer updating, and had stayed reverted back to the November 9 versions ever since then.

At first I figured the 10-day issue would get fixed on NWAC's end within a few days, so I didn't send an email initially. But I finally sent one yesterday evening. Their initial reply yesterday didn't sound like it would get fixed immediately, so I was pleasantly surprised to get the follow-up email now saying it was fixed!