telemark skiingbackcountry skiingPacific NorthwestWashington and Oregonweather linksThe Yuki AwardsMt. Rainier and Mt. Adams
Turns All Year
www.turns-all-year.com
  Help | Search | Login | Register
Turns All Year Trip Reports
Backcountry Skiing and Snowboarding

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
12/12/18, 02:19 PM

Become a TAY Sponsor!

Trip Reports Sponsor
Pro Ski Service
Pro Ski Service
Turns All Year Trip Reports
(1) Viewing these pages constitutes your acceptance of the Terms of Use.
(2) Disclaimer: the accuracy of information here is unknown, use at your own risk.
(3) Trip Report monthly boards: only actual trip report starts a new thread.
(4) Keep it civil and constructive - that is the norm here.

FOAC Snow
Info Exchange

NWAC Avalanche
Forecast
+  Turns All Year Trip Reports
|-+  Hot Air
| |-+  Random Tracks: posts that don't fit elsewhere
| | |-+  NWAC telemetry issues?
:
« previous next »
Pages: [1] | Go Down Print
Author Topic: NWAC telemetry issues?  (Read 329 times)
Markeyz

NWAC telemetry issues?
« on: 11/27/18, 09:21 AM »

Is anyone else having trouble viewing telemetry data 10 day observations?  I only get a few hours of the current day and then the next line is 11/9.  Occurs on both my laptop and phone.  The data seems to be there since it shows on the graphs and somehow Amar has been able to get it for his trip reports.

Proud owner of a five year taay streak (turns almost all year)
Micah
Administrator

Re: NWAC telemetry issues?
« Reply #1 on: 11/27/18, 10:43 PM »

Yes, it does seem like the 10-day pages (e.g.here) show data from 11/9-10/30 following the current day. I sent an email to NWAC to report it.
Micah
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: 11/28/18, 11:52 AM »

Reply from NWAC:

Our 10-day tables that show a collection of weather stations in one area are broken.  Over the next two weeks, we will be switching to a new table format similar to the table format displayed for single stations on our new weather station map. https://www.nwac.us/weatherdata/map/

Please bear with us while we make the necessary changes, it will be worth the wait!
Amar Andalkar

« Reply #3 on: 11/28/18, 04:58 PM »

Well, it's fixed now! Just got an email from NWAC saying so! All the 10-day data appears to be working normally now.

Is anyone else having trouble viewing telemetry data 10 day observations?  I only get a few hours of the current day and then the next line is 11/9.  Occurs on both my laptop and phone.  The data seems to be there since it shows on the graphs and somehow Amar has been able to get it for his trip reports.

The data for the graphs comes from a different archive than that for the 1-day and 10-day tables. And I have my own script which saves the NWAC ALL data file (https://data.nwac.us/ALL) every hour, plus I manually save all of the once-daily ALL.x files every few days too as a fail-safe. So I had access to the 10-day data from my own archives for those trip reports. (I have the daily NWAC data tables archived back to October 2004, with only a few minor gaps, but this archive is not currently online for public consumption.)

NWAC changed their data server (the one that runs https://data.nwac.us) on November 13, which I noticed shortly since it broke all my personal NWAC data scripts (due to the new server sending out 302 Found redirection codes instead of actual data files, despite no visible changes in URL). It was easy to implement a workaround for that on my end and get my own scripts working again. But not the 10-day data, since all the data files in https://data.nwac.us/archive/ which are needed for the 10-day scripts were no longer updating, and had stayed reverted back to the November 9 versions ever since then.

At first I figured the 10-day issue would get fixed on NWAC's end within a few days, so I didn't send an email initially. But I finally sent one yesterday evening. Their initial reply yesterday didn't sound like it would get fixed immediately, so I was pleasantly surprised to get the follow-up email now saying it was fixed!

Pages: [1] | Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Thank you to our sponsors!
click to visit our sponsor: Feathered Friends
Feathered Friends
click to visit our sponsor: Marmot Mountain Works
Marmot Mountain Works
click to visit our sponsor: Second Ascent
Second Ascent
click to visit our sponsor: American Alpine Institute
American Alpine Institute
click to visit our sponsor: Pro Guiding Service
Pro Guiding Service
Contact turns-all-year.com

Turns All Year Trip Reports ©2001-2010 Turns All Year LLC. All Rights Reserved

The opinions expressed in posts are those of the poster and do not necessarily
reflect the opinions of Trip Reports administrators or Turns All Year LLC

Turns All Year Trip Reports | Powered by SMF 1.0.6.
© 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved.