Home > Forum > 11/17/18 Whistler/Blackcomb Opening 22nd

11/17/18 Whistler/Blackcomb Opening 22nd

• avajane
  • [avajane]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
17 Nov 2018 20:12 #232010 by avajane
I can't guarantee quality, but my local pro said he's working starting Monday, and both mountains will open on the 22nd. There is a storm on the horizon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• James Wells
  • [Travertine]
More
18 Nov 2018 15:51 #232012 by James Wells
Replied by James Wells on topic Re: 11/17/18 Whistler/Blackcomb Opening 22nd
WB site reports a base of 24 cm (which they measure well up the mountain). I foresee a little white carpet going from the top to the bottom of the Emerald chair, and then down to gondola mid station.

I feel lucky we didn't book a US Thanksgiving trip as we have done in years past. Hopefully it will be better in a few weeks.

• avajane
  • [avajane]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
18 Nov 2018 21:02 #232014 by avajane
Replied by avajane on topic Re: 11/17/18 Whistler/Blackcomb Opening 22nd
Good call about not booking early. Nobody has to spend a lot going up there at this time of the year because its all last minute. It will be a white carpet to the bottom of Red and wont really be what we want. But if the storm comes in you can change your mind and come up...I'm going because I've got a place and a pass and because the last week of November to the first few weeks of December are normally incredible up there for early season skiing. I've often toured up the t bar slope or down into Harmony and back to Emerald. I've even gone over and skied all of Flute/Encore Ridge in good powder snow all by myself. I've gone up to Whistler Peak, down the backside and then hiked out parts of Hiway 86. I also skied with a rain jacket a couple of times. If you don't make it - I'll let you know.