Home > Trip Reports > November 12, 2018, Stevens Pass

November 12, 2018, Stevens Pass

11/12/18
WA Stevens Pass
Posted by mikerolfs on 11/12/18 7:25am
Yesterday I was ice skating on Lake Clara and assumed I'd go for round two at the lake today, but then I saw this on instagram:

Well... I'm not ice skating when there is skiing to be had! I called Jtack and he was game so we planned to meet at 8am at the usual spot in Wenatchee. We arrived at Stevens to a nearly full A-lot, but mostly it looked like sledders and curious drivers. We met two groups of young snow boarders, but didn't see anyone on the hill as we headed up Hogsback. The snow was very supportive with 2 or 3 inches of ski penetration and surface hoar.

The skiing on the east facing slopes wasn't great, but did let us ski back to the base area, but the skiing on the north facing slopes is legitemately good skiing!

I don't want to call it powder skiing, because it was definitely early season coverage, but it did ski nice!

We made two fun laps to the north of the top of Hogs and then skied back to the base area by way of Hogs to Daisy, which might be the best way right now, but it isn't very good.

Sure thankful for the instagram pic! This early ski day was great!
I had been over the pass on Sunday, and was surprised to see what looked to me like enough snow to have a try, so when Mike called and said lets go it was an easy yes. As usual it was pretty darn fun!

Reply to this TR

november-12-2018-stevens-pass
mikerolfs
2018-11-12 15:25:23