Home > Trip Reports > July 26, 2018, Bagley Lakes

July 26, 2018, Bagley Lakes

7/26/18
WA Cascades West Slopes North (Mt Baker)
Posted by Donnelly_M on 7/26/18 4:58pm
This day of skiing was EASILY more fun than at least 88% of ALL ski days I have had using lifts since 2013! 

https://youtu.be/1BFKh4b8g4w
Like the enthusiasm - keep goin' after it.

author=Blizz Mountain link=topic=40867.msg162293#msg162293 date=1532837777]
Like the enthusiasm - keep goin' after it.

Was up there again the day after and it's melting out fast! Gotta get to the snow while it's still around with this heat.

It's interesting that I have experienced a real decline in my enthusiasm for resort riding as the years have gone by. Skiing has become about the peace and quiet, the solitude, the slow burn of the skin track, and of course the endless untracked pow. Resort riding by comparison seems frenetic.
Nice vid!
I think that  Summer time trip reports must be the heart and soul of TAY.

author=slacker link=topic=40867.msg162303#msg162303 date=1533144700]
It's interesting that I have experienced a real decline in my enthusiasm for resort riding as the years have gone by. Skiing has become about the peace and quiet, the solitude, the slow burn of the skin track, and of course the endless untracked pow. Resort riding by comparison seems frenetic.
Nice vid!
I think that  Summer time trip reports must be the heart and soul of TAY.

Very much agreed! As the lift served season typically draws to a close late April or early May, all it takes is one outing following the closure of the ski area to realize that the real fun is only beginning. After this summer, I will never look at resort skiing the same away I have, especially the way I did in my younger years. The days of anticipation of the first snows in the fall to that highly anticipated opening day of the ski area are a thing of the past. Unless I ever train on a closed course or fast groomers first thing early morning before the crowds arrive, hit the terrain park to get comfortable in the air, go to a race camp, or am doing a race, I experience limited excitement in resort skiing.

Reply to this TR

july-26-2018-bagley-lakes
Donnelly_M
2018-07-26 23:58:43