Home > Trip Reports > May 27, 2018, Stevens Pass

May 27, 2018, Stevens Pass

5/27/18
WA Stevens Pass
Posted by Zap on 5/27/18 8:48am

The snowpack is getting depleted from the base. I parked at Lot G so I avoided the steps and the tourist vehicles that always park in Lot "A". They usually want to use the bathrooms at Stevens which are not open. I took a picture of Cowboy Mt. which gives you an idea of the coverage higher up. I  walked(!) to the snowpack which is above the entry for the Hogsback and Skyline lifts. I was the only skinner around, but the tourists were at the base enjoying real snow.

I went up the Hog Wild trail and then up the Marmot Meadows trail. There is coverage as long as you go up climber's left of the Skyline lift towers. I also climbed up the Barrier Ridge. The 7th Heaven lift has great coverage on Bobby and Nancy Chutes.  I skied down Headwall under the chair and went right of the lift towers which is totally snow covered. Nice snow. I left around noon and missed the weekend traffic jam.
1 Cowboy Mt

2 Headwall

3 Bobby and Nancy Chutes

Nice,  I skied Stevens Friday.  It was great.  Did a few laps in Corona bowl and was able to patch together a run to the backside base.  Skied DD to the base also with a short carry on our exit.  Found some good booty as well!

Booty a plus !
nice reports

Reply to this TR

may-27-2018-stevens-pass
Zap
2018-05-27 15:48:55