May 25, 2018 Timberline

• Zap
  • [Zap]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
26 May 2018 21:57 #231847 by Zap
May 25, 2018 Timberline was created by Zap

The last day before the holiday begins. It starts cloudy and it was "flat light" but mild. The ski teams are starting to train and it was BIG teams - from the Northwest with their coaches. The slopes are covered with more race courses. After 2 hours we loaded our gear and headed north by way of HW-84 and I-90 W. Glad we were westbound and not heading east as the holiday traffic was bumper to bumper.

We spent the previous night in the parking lot. In the morning a Timberline employee gave us a sheet "ATTENTION - no camping and vehicles must remain unoccupied". We were told that the overnight parking is only for those climbing the mountain, that it's not a new policy, and they've just started enforcing it this weekend with the large group of weekend folks expected. It will be interesting to see if it's enforced next ski season when the snow arrives.

A few of "our neighbors" set up "a rail" in the parking lot.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Zap
  • [Zap]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
26 May 2018 21:59 #231848 by Zap
Replied by Zap on topic Re: May 25, 2018 Timberline
1-Timberline parking space.

2- Timberline Park
Attachments:

• OregonDead
  • [OregonDead]
More
30 May 2018 15:30 #231855 by OregonDead
Replied by OregonDead on topic Re: May 25, 2018 Timberline
Cloud situation was better for skinning up on Friday. I tried out my new cobbled together setup: skins gifted from Filbo, my old line Prophet 90s and Daymaker touring adapters.
Attachments: