Home > Trip Reports > May 14-15, 2018, Alpental

May 14-15, 2018, Alpental

5/14/18
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by Zap on 5/18/18 4:27am
With the current rain drizzle, it seems like a nice day to remember the snow pack. I skied 2 days with perfect weather. Alpental has installed the "gate" at the Main lot with the bridge to the lodge. It is also the time to put your "Discover Pass" in the window.
Many of us look at the cams and we remember the snow pack earlier since Sunday. For a couple of days I skinned up under Armstrong lift and then near Sessel lift. I only skied near Armstrong, Esfallen, Dom trails. I then skied Lower International and Sessel trails.
I met a person I knew when I was teaching the backcountry class and a few folks who skied down Upper International . I found the trails on the lower mountain with a northern exposure were very good, but that was a few days ago before the drizzle started. Now, at least you won't get a sun burn.
If I'm not mistaken you need the federal pass (I.e. NW forest pass or America The Beautiful Pass) rather than the state pass (Discover) for that lot...

Anyone know if the slot still goes?  I know the crooked choke is done.. waterfall.

Jim Oker's correct about the required trailhead permit: you'll need a NW Forest or America the Beautiful pass.

I started the day on May 21 by putting my America The Beautiful Senior Pass on the dash of the car. Thank you to Jim Oker and “heretic” in my May 14-15 Alpental trip report for mentioning the right pass to use (not the Discover Pass) without getting a warning..

Reply to this TR

may-14-15-2018-alpental
Zap
2018-05-18 11:27:43