Home > Trip Reports > May 16, 2018, Alpental

May 16, 2018, Alpental

5/16/18
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by pipedream on 5/16/18 4:10pm
Attempted to beat the return of the clouds. Failed.

Left the base under bright blue late afternoon skies. Topped-out to a growing sea of fog in all directions. Lollygagged about until it was a total whiteout then rode corn to with 5 steps of the patio via the right sides of l'Internationale, Adrenaline, Lower I & the bottom of Debbie's.

Took the long way up via Sessel & the Cascade T. Zigzagged from the bottom of E-bowl up Gunmount before enjoying a spicy, but direct, route to the ridge via Kante. The top of Rollen is melted-out as is everything, save for one strip above the Goat Trail (and another way out right much to close to the cliff's edge for comfort) into Upper I. Some folks came up the bowl right before I headed down and made a summit bid on Denny. Not sure why they carried their skis up there but maybe they know more than me ???

Pollen below Sessel made the last bit down increasingly sticky. Skins tried to give up at the top of Kante but I strapped em on and kept going. Car-to-car in a (very) leisurely 4:20...
Hit up Alpy for a Nash lap this morning - skinning at 5:30.  Cloudy weather helped with no solid refreeze overnight, so snow was soft enough to be enjoyable when we skied down at 7. 

We were able to piece together the last ribbon of snow over Rollen (with minor shenanigans) without taking off skis, but were probably the last of the year.  Even managed to get to work (almost) on time!

Reply to this TR

may-16-2018-alpental
pipedream
2018-05-16 23:10:13