Home > Forum > Timberline 5/12-5/13

Timberline 5/12-5/13

• OregonDead
  • [OregonDead]
More
14 May 2018 16:23 #231805 by OregonDead
Timberline 5/12-5/13 was created by OregonDead
Gusty start to the weekend caught me off guard. Foiled my original plan which was to get an early start up Palmer and climb high. When I got there the wind pretty much whipped my doors open and people said Norms was running slow with a 100m line. Ended up loitering around until we noticed chairs running on Palmer mid-day. They were about to open so time to grab the skis and go. Ended up having a great afternoon but conditions were by far the best on the groom. Got stuck in my tracks skiing into the un-tracked on the Mile.
Sunday was much calmer and Palmer opened early. With a warm overnight temp conditions were best on the groom again. Parks are prime and getting lots of traffic so great times if you like to jib. At the end of the day we took a couple of laps through the Holy Bowly course. A huge snow only snowboard park from the holy Bowly event last week. Really a fun course but I suspect yesterday was the only chance the public will get at it. Looks like it's time for cutters camp so it won't be long till the mile half pipe is in.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• flowing alpy
  • [flowing alpy]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
16 May 2018 09:04 #231809 by flowing alpy
Replied by flowing alpy on topic Re: Timberline 5/12-5/13
i'm not looking forward to the Palmer late morning sludge.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.