Home > Forum > Feb 16, 2006, Mission Ridge -- Ski patrol snub

Feb 16, 2006, Mission Ridge -- Ski patrol snub

• scottm
  • [scottm]
More
16 Feb 2006 05:58 #212335 by scottm
Over X-mas my girlfriend and I were skinning up Wayhut and then past the bottom of Chair 2 when a volunteer ski patrol approached us and told us we could not ascend Mission Ridge. Unfortunately, at that time there was very limited snow cover, and the ski runs were about the only way up to higher elevation snow. I told the guy that I wanted to speak with his supervisor, at which point he radioed his supervisor, who told him we were not within our rights to skin up a closed run. I mentioned that I had skinned up Mission Ridge more than a few times in the past, and this was the first time I had been hassled. As the conversation progressed he mentioned that the sherriff would be waiting for me when we returned to the parking lot if I persisted. After trying to circumvent the area in two inches of snow, we relented and bought a ticket. Of course, if the resort doesnt own the land, my thought is that they cant dictate anything unless you agree to their terms by buying a ticket. Also, after looking at the various ski area WACs, you can only trespass on ski area facilities, not property. I would really like to get to the bottom of this. Any comments from more knowledgable folks out there?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Feb 2006 08:11 #212337 by ericd
Check out this thread for discussion on this issue a few months ago.<br><br>www.turns-all-year.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB...splay;num=1131417934

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.