Home > Forum > Alpental - 05/06 Really Big Last Day!

Alpental - 05/06 Really Big Last Day!

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
06 May 2018 15:18 #231769 by ddk
Short Report - WOW!

Wordy Report - Had a hard time getting out of the house after looking at the radar and what ever?...Glad I finally committed...short fast drive allowed lots of go not go brain issues...45 min drive through a fair sized rain storm on the west side...but the main rain bands were surfing the crest on the west side - Yee Haa! Made for Happy Hamster Heaven at Alpy today...soft from the start, bumps massive in all the prime fun spots...did Nash early before the Chair 2 line built up...and the line was nothing compared to yesterday...but no real lift line on Armstrong all day kept me there and when I found my HAPPY HAMSTER STEEP (enough) BUMP run....why should I ruin the vibe for the Chair 2 folks? Great day, warmer and warmer and just plain warmer and sunny and more sunny and more fun go anywhere soft crank the bumps conditions - what more could you ask for on the last lift served day in Washington State!...unless Alpy management maybe gives us anther weekend? Next weekend is Mommy Day...still plenty of snow for another few weeks???? Oh well, a great finish if it was the end locally. Spent most of the day in the hamster treadmill on Armstrong...

Other - Arrived at 8:45 to a reasonable parking space from the bridge...boots on, buy other area season pass discounted ticket - the Pass is very nice and reasonable on tix's pricing for old folks or just random other area skiers! Main lot was full when I was leaving....but nothing compared to yesterdays mess. Drive was fast and furious...no Elk...If it is the end locally it was a great finish to a very very nice season....Have a great summer all! Hopefully a few more days lift skiing in BC or Oregon...and lots of mountain biking and hiking! Soup? The Quesada's were very nice with a Mac.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• telemack
  • [telemack]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
06 May 2018 15:26 #231770 by telemack
Replied by telemack on topic Re: Alpental - 05/06 Really Big Last Day!
Good job grabbing the tail end of the lift season and holding on, Dan :D
Is the coverage still thick at the base area? Alpental is a fine spot for May TAY, for those of us who lift ourselves up the hill.

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
06 May 2018 17:43 #231771 by ddk

Good job grabbing the tail end of the lift season and holding on, Dan  :D 
Is the coverage still thick at the base area?  Alpental is a fine spot for May TAY, for those of us who lift ourselves up the hill.

Alpy has way big deep coverage for many more weeks....unless we lazy folks get some big hot sunny biking weather....even upper Nash entrance is way better than last day normal.