Blackcomb May 3, 3018

• avajane
  • [avajane]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
03 May 2018 19:53 #231758 by avajane
Blackcomb May 3, 3018 was created by avajane
With Whistler Closed, I have to drive and park, so that's how my our day started. Used my head today and parked for free in the mid station lot of the Excalibur Gondola. Yesterday was $10 in the Village. Had to walk about 40' for the ride (Zap) Played like a hamster (DDK) on Jersey until the Alpine opened. Glacier Drive was smooth, untracked ball bearings all the way down an already soft Overbite. Nothing like spring snow to let you ski the zipperline on steep bumps! Did it again and then traversed over to 7th Heaven. They never should have made that lift except for days like today! No wind, no windblown snow, not frozen hard most of the day!!! It was perfect nicely named groomers like "Cloud Nine" or simply taking the fall line (the best line) under the chair. Then, because the Alpine would close soon, I got Packalolo and Sudan's in quick succession. Sudan's was so isothermic my poles kept going half way down again. I didn't eat the soup (DDK) but had a beer on the Sunny Patio at Glacier Creek. The rest of the day was on ego building bumps on the Bite, Staircase and the one in between. Blowdown?.....All the same. Out on Zig Zag to the true mandatory Gondola down. Biggest problem all day was sunburn avoidance.😳

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 May 2018 21:25 #231759 by ddk
Replied by ddk on topic Re: Blackcomb May 3, 3018
Yee Haaa!...I really hurt right now! Big fun congats!...My oh my I do hurt...wish I was there....thanks for the thoughts!...My I mentally hurt. ;D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.