Home > Trip Reports > apr 30, 2018, Eastern Sierra Ski Trip, April 30-May 14, 2017

apr 30, 2018, Eastern Sierra Ski Trip, April 30-May 14, 2017

4/30/18
US elsewhere
Posted by radka on 4/29/18 11:29am
We posted a trip report on NWHikers. Here is the link: http://www.nwhikers.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1123613#1123613

This trip report is from LAST YEAR! Admins, feel free to move it. We just thought that if we post it to 2017, nobody will notice it.

Radka & Chris
Thanks so much, lovely pictures, as usual, we drove 395 last year so lucky  to hit the big snow. Down that way for work last week no, where near as much snow as last year. Food,beer, hot springs, snow, don't need much more than that!

Wow... awesome trip / write-up..monumental for sure...

what a fantastic trip and great photos as always.  I'm so envious you got to spend two weeks down there... Becky and I got in a way-too-short four day trip in March 2017 and it wasn't nearly enough time. 

Say ...what brand/ type / sizeof packs you using...i have a gregory denali which kills my back...even with a small day load (my flimsy millet 40 L is super comfortable so I use instead..want to take the gregory back to rei at some time..bought before the one year return deal..)?

We've been using Deuter exclusively for 7-8 years now. Radka's day pack is the Guide 30+ SL and overnight is Guide Tour 35+ (she also has the Guide 40+ for climbing\hiking). I use the Guide Tour 45+ for skiing and Guide 45+ for climbing\hiking. The Tour has a dedicated compartment for beacon\shovel\probe and the regular Guide has a dedicated bottom part for sleeping bag and whatever else fits. I don't know if Deuter still makes the Guide Tour though as I can't find it on their website, which would be a bummer, because the Tour's also had a built-in spot for boot crampons too. Looks like they make a new series now called the "Rise" to replace the Tour series. Deuter makes excellent packs and also has excellent customer service.

https://www.deuter.com/US/us/backpacks.html

Awesome..going to check them out...so disappointed with the Denali...bruised clavicles ..welts on hips...butt cramped...ugly picture for sure..scapula too...great it theory..but if it brings you to tears with even a tiny load as well as the occasional big load....

Reply to this TR

apr-30-2018-eastern-sierra-ski-trip-april-30-may-14-2017
radka
2018-04-29 18:29:29