Home > Forum > Alpental - 04/29 50th Year Season Party

Alpental - 04/29 50th Year Season Party

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
29 Apr 2018 15:59 #231729 by ddk
Sorry Alpy folks!  Southern resort view report....

Short Report - I do like Alpy!  Fun! Kinda like skiing FQ/HC at X-tall with the whole run being BP's steep and fun and soft and bumpy and Yee Haa Fun! Perfect soft go anywhere fun bumps!....Other info - Light rain/snow showers early, happy soft snow everywhere, groomers (they do happen at Alental) were very nice early and it didn't matter the rest of the day.  Spits of precip every once in a while with increasing niceness all day.  Crowd light and never to painfull on the lifts...The padded seats were very soft....Primo Happy 50th end of season day!

Wordy Report -  Got to get up late since the drive was fast and easy and short...No Elk...Lots of high speed cars...Got close in parking to the bridge...Lots of early folks registering for the banked slalomme!  Very impressivslalom and some very impressive riders. Damp early, but better and better all day...some almost sun...snow - spring happy soft go anywhere blasting heaven!  I do love spring!  Crowd minor all day but there was almost a line when I left....Next Saturday will be a lot happier!...Snow pack is big!  Way deeper than last season...Big repeats mid morning doing the padded seat chair - Nash was big happy steep soft fun and never ending all the way to the base - gotta say best happy almost never ending bump vert fest run!  Watching the comp under Armstrong chair was great.
Great day, great bumps, great fun, great Alpy, great vib...since nobody noticed I was from out of town...Hoping for a nice big sunny final weekend.

Other - Food good but limited...soup?  Main lot pushing full...upper party lots?  Trip time fast.   

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• flowing alpy
  • [flowing alpy]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
30 Apr 2018 18:47 #231737 by flowing alpy
Replied by flowing alpy on topic Re: Alpental - 04/29 50th Year Season Party
to bad the southern resort's customer appreciation party won't happen till next November sometime with the first big storm that deposits 18" new.

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
01 May 2018 21:27 #231746 by ddk

to bad the southern resort's customer appreciation party won't happen till next November sometime with the first big storm that deposits 18" new.

Yes...sad...but the last non celebration WEEK!...was very big!...But life is good on the padded seats!....Looks Happy for this weekend!....

• flowing alpy
  • [flowing alpy]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
02 May 2018 13:25 #231749 by flowing alpy
Replied by flowing alpy on topic Re: Alpental - 04/29 50th Year Season Party
50 years being right around the corner but a million miles away

• Eric Lindahl
  • [ejlindahl]
More
05 May 2018 10:16 #231763 by Eric Lindahl
Replied by Eric Lindahl on topic Re: Alpental - 04/29 50th Year Season Party
May 5, today, got me thinking about Alpy so I thought I'd check in with TAY and see if they are doing a Cinco de Mayo thing.  Guess not, but the memories got flowing.  I was a young Alpenbee in 1967 & 8 clearing runs and earning a season pass, then lived there for 2 fabulously deep seasons 1970-72.  Met my wife due to that deep snow.  Lots of memories of spring (& deep snow) skiing.  Sorry I missed the 50th but I'm a southern resorter now & I forget about the other option.  I do miss Alpy's $10 Tuesdays of the 1990's when I'd go up there and ski around for old times sake.

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
05 May 2018 13:31 #231764 by ddk
Sorry Eric....but it was another Alpy Cinco day! And it was great with a massive partying crowd!