April 22, 2018 Heavenly WOW Day

• Zap
  • [Zap]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
23 Apr 2018 09:08 #231709 by Zap
April 22, 2018 Heavenly WOW Day was created by Zap

A great day with sun, a slight wind at the summit, and runs in spring snow. We arrived to the Stagecoach parking lot early and parked 40 feet from the lift. The early crowd was mainly old guys with white beards. Then the 'normal' folks began arriving. Jill wore a light pack to shed any clothes, and a Heavenly Security guy asked to check inside her pack, looking for alcohol. The lift started at 8:30am and we were off. The plan was to ski the Olympic lift in the sun and put great lines along the edges and the under the lift, as most people usually ride in the center of the trail. Then we skied down to the base of the Stagecoach lift. We followed the sun on the trails and avoided the shaded part of the trail (still firm). The Stagecoach lift was empty after the first rush of people. At the top of the lift the masses went right; we went left and skied down Comstock which was groomed and had perfect spring snow. Damn, I think this is almost illegal with the great run that we did! We then went to the upper lifts. We rode the Dipper with an older guy who pulled out a bottle of Miller beer and asked Jill if they had checked her pack. He said the patrollers don't check inside your jacket or pockets. Hmmm. We skied a few runs under Dipper and Comet and headed back to lower Nevada. By then the 'kids' were moving at speed (many in costume). We skied back to the base and the campervan, and I can only say "that was a WOW day". Great way to end the season there.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• avajane
  • [avajane]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
23 Apr 2018 09:25 #231711 by avajane
Replied by avajane on topic Re: April 22, 2018 Heavenly WOW Day
Glad to see Heavenly finally got it's snow. Great spring skiing area!

Your traveling write ups are the best!

More
23 Apr 2018 18:54 #231717 by ddk
Replied by ddk on topic Re: April 22, 2018 Heavenly WOW Day
Wow...thanks for the report....Lordy checking for alcohol? Lordy what's going on in Tahoe? Nevada side?....Next time I get down there I'm gonna need a big coat with deep pockets....Thanks for all your posts Zap! Have a good trip!