Home > Trip Reports > April 21, 2018, Yellowstone

April 21, 2018, Yellowstone

4/21/18
Posted by Scotsman on 4/21/18 11:45am
Today my wife and I toured in northern Yellowstone with our guide Beau Fredlund.
It was turly an amazing experience to tour with such abundant wildlife.
We chose a mellow day to suit mrs Scotsman's  experience and our first tour was a 800 ft hop above soda springs butte. At the summit was came across fresh grizzly tracks that according to our guide were a few hours old . The summit was strewn with elk sheds.
We skied down on nice corn and the drove up the valley past herds of bison to another spot on the side of the Lamar valley. We we hoping to see a wolf pack.

We skinned up about 1200 vf to a small summit and came across four bison feeding.
They exhibited defensive behavior as Beau said this far from the road they considered us like wolves .

We backed down the slope a ways and had a nice lunch. Sitting there looking down on the Lamar valley at herds of bison walking single file across the flats and listening to the eerie sound of sandhill cranes coming up from the valley floor was an amazing experience. The Yellowstone ecosystem is awe inspiring.

We skied hero corn back to the road and then drove back to Cooke City.
Such an amazing place....many touring options in Mt.  I'm heading to that area in 2 weeks...are guides required in Yellowstone?  Where can I contact this guide you mentioned?

Guides are not required.

Contact Beau at Yellowstone ski tours.com

Wild Yellowstone! Glad you were able to experience and support that special place.

Reply to this TR

april-21-2018-yellowstone
Scotsman
2018-04-21 18:45:16