• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
20 Apr 2018 16:11 #231683 by ddk
Crystal - 04/20! was created by ddk
Short Report - Prime Spring Heaven!

Short version of the Wordy report - BIG FUN PRIMO SPRING PERFECTION! On the last Friday of the season at Crystal.

Wordy Report -  Perfect finally spring day, warm enough to allow the Hawaii shirt to actually see some sun, fun gloves got their first season exposure, baseball cap finally touched my balding head!  Dang just primo great spring skiing.  Arrived typically early and set the free lot front row, pretty quiet in the lodge...other than the big boss who was kinda talky this morning - very interesting talk with him, his son and Frank the base lodge manager - they had my complaint notes (bathroom access at Campbell  basin was available for those of the female type today and the Fireside was open for lunch today and the deck was packed with burger and beer drinking crowd...)and the commendation  letter from CD for Frances! (sadly she had a medical problem last night and got a ambulance ride out...hope all is well for her.  Anyway the ski report!  Awesome, grooming was not as perfect as the rest of the week...MIFB was not groomed...but the sun was bright and hot and things got nice and happy soft pretty early...Started the day with JD - haven't skied with him much this season (he likes CD and Ms CD a lot more)...bumped into myikat (on locked heel skis! Wow!) which lead to finally skiing a number of fun runs with him and telemack!  Very fun!...but those guys sure can talk a lot about teli bindings and skis and big mountain lines and...and....and....Thought "binx" was around.  But it was all fun! Today got softer and softer and better...Big lines for me today - center slot on PB, main line in BP's early (BIG!) and one of the other main lines in BP's later as it got skied, Gully Gully (what ever that line is called - slot between old SunnySide and M Forest, did that a lot to get it in shape for Sunday and help out JD).  Valley had some fun snow while I did some TJ lift opp lunch runs early afternoon.  Did notice some sticky snow conditions (will be spring waxing before Sunday).  Coverage is incredible, some dirt on some slopes showing, but 99% of the mountain is way better than it will be next November opening day!  If I did the Qf reporting scale I'd say it was a 9 out of 9!

Other - No time or desire for checking if there was soup.  Pay lot nice and small and surprisingly full when I left as was the rest of the A lot with some overflow into C and B (no shuttles today). Drive up was happy after leaving the lowlands, drive down was happy after passing a few sheep caravans. Clouds started moving in around 1:30 which got me to quit.  Great Day!  Hope I can get a few more like it somewhere else after Sunday.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.