Home > Forum > Valentine's Day dessert

Valentine's Day dessert

• butrsmocrver
  • [butrsmocrver]
More
14 Feb 2006 12:41 #212328 by butrsmocrver
Valentine's Day dessert was created by butrsmocrver
Alpental felt like Utah today,with super light cold smoke. Ok that's a little over the top. But if there wasn't a firm boilerplate underneath than it would have been the best conditions all year. (No joke) Shot six, Stoke's, No Fog were all clean lines, even until 3:00.....Stayed until chair 2 closed and then went and skied White Rabbit twice. Midweek skiing at it finest. See you all there tommorrow. Corey and I are going to get a short tour in around 12:00 lookers left of Great Scott. <br><br>Brad G

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Feb 2006 02:15 #212329 by hankj
Replied by hankj on topic Re: Valentine's Day dessert
sounds great<br><br>can you provide more info regarding how much snow fell? How much was on top of the crust? (and if you have the energy, conditions top versus bottom, wind affect on snow, etc)<br><br>thanks very much -- should have played hooky yesterday.<br><br>

• MW88888888
  • [MW88888888]
More
15 Feb 2006 02:43 #212330 by MW88888888
Replied by MW88888888 on topic Re: Valentine's Day dessert
I came over the pass yesterday from E washington and absolutely had to stop. the sun was shining and I could see tracks from the highway on Hyak. Someone put in a boot pack up Summit West so I would have been an idiot to pass it up.<br><br>9 - 10" of light dry powder on top of firm base. Blown in on North facing slope powder hit my thighs. skinny skis went to the bottom. Yes, Utah-like snow no matter how the base.<br><br>the gent who put the boot pack in (who I met at the top) said he'd been there since 11 am or so and enjoying many laps. My lap was 1/2 hour car to car and then on my way down to town and Valentine's day with my girls. Everyone got a smile yesterday.

More
15 Feb 2006 10:04 #212331 by PCS
Replied by PCS on topic Re: Valentine's Day dessert
At the top of Alpental ~11" of new snow - quite a bit less near the bottom. Seems like it may have started out as a bit of rain at lower elevations. Above probably 4,000 the snow is quite good (don't really notice the crust on lower angle slopes). High angle slopes the snow is just running off leaving the crust for your skiing enjoyment. In the trees down low - it is a bit lumpy with burried ice chunks, old tracks, etc.