Whistler Blackcomb 4/14

• avajane
  • [avajane]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
14 Apr 2018 22:09 #231632 by avajane
Whistler Blackcomb 4/14 was created by avajane
Another of those magical days when long runs on fresh, soft snow is possible. My "Kyber" tree run first thing was about as good as it gets. My group of 4 got to ski fresh snow for the whole first mile or so. The top was 2 days deep so we rarely touched smooth bottom. Our Low angle tree section was also untracked and smooth but not as deeep. The steeper tree section was as good as it ever gets with smooth, creamy snow and a base you can only get in the spring. Big Timber had a weird thin crust that was totally skiable with really fat skis or boards! It wasn't full on - but it was heads up good! A newby took the wrong Kadenwood exit, so I got a strange tour on a tight trail with barely enough snow that reminded me of the lower parts of Singing Pass Trail. Amazed to come out right at the bottom. Watched the Sadam Couloir race in the afternoon...Very Cool.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Apr 2018 15:05 #231635 by ddk
Replied by ddk on topic Re: Whistler Blackcomb 4/14
"Sadam Couloir"?....sp?

• CMSkier
  • [CMSkier]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
15 Apr 2018 15:53 #231636 by CMSkier
Replied by CMSkier on topic Re: Whistler Blackcomb 4/14

Sadam Couloir

*Saudan*

Seems now that Vail owns W/B they've settled with Suadan's family and can now use the name again after 15 years. I wonder if they'll re-rename the run back to the original Saudan Couloir?

• avajane
  • [avajane]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
15 Apr 2018 16:38 #231637 by avajane
Replied by avajane on topic Re: Whistler Blackcomb 4/14
Sorry about the bad spelling.They settled with the man himself. In fact he was at the top of the course yesterday. I'm sure they gave him some money for the use of his name. I had a friend in the race, but somehow he wasn't in the "Pro" category and started 149th with the big ruts! I don't recommend the gully for a few more storms!